Compliance telephone call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance telephone call

Options
alastair1066
alastair1066 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, I am due a Compliance telephone call from DWP... But I have had a stroke and have difficulty speaking.. I also have stroke dementia. On a bad day it is very hard to talk clearly, and think correctly.    What do I do?????..

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Get a letter sent to them setting out exactly how you are. Suggesting that if they want to make contact could it be via letter.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Through a letter for Compliance interview isn't the greatest advice.

Is it possible for you to ring the number on the letter, go through security and then pass the phone onto a family member for them to speak on your behalf? If you do this just to arrange a home visit? Then have someone with you that can speak for you and support you during the interview?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alastair1066
    alastair1066 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you.. I will do as you suggest......

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.