PIP renewal form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal form

Options
valleyboy
valleyboy Community member Posts: 55 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Firstly,I was awarded pip from January 2018 untill December 2019,anyway the dreaded reassessment form came through the door in January of this year where it was completed & returned in February,surprise surprise I've had a decision this morning where they've reawarded me pip from may 2019-2022 without a f2f assessment,Is this normal practice as I thought even though it's a reassessment then a f2f would still need to take place..

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ Valleyboy, Yes this does and will happen if the information and updated evidence you submitted with your application and is consistent with your conditions, disability in relation to the PIP descriptors then a paper assessment is all that is needed. Well done if your award has remained the same. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Congratulations @valleyboy on your award. I have just recieved form through too. Did you state on your form your conditions had stayed the same or got worse?
  • valleyboy
    Options
    @wilko,yes the original award remains the same,only difference is it's increased from a 2year to a 3year award..

@tombcfc,no reassessment form which was completed by a support worked just contained no changes all the way through along with a copy of my repeat prescription..
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    valleyboy said:
    @tombcfc,no reassessment form which was completed by a support worked just contained no changes all the way through along with a copy of my repeat prescription..
    Hey that's a stroke of luck with just marking 'no change' in every box and the only evidence submitted was a copy of your repeat prescription.

The general advice on this site is to treat a review as a new complete claim sending in evidence to support it.
  • valleyboy
    Options
    @twonker,well considering I was on a indefinite award of dla "since March 2000" I gather the decision makers has realised this along with requesting further information of my GP in regards to this award..
    Meanwhile I'm pointing out the outcome as me myself wernt aware paper decisions could be made..
  • valleyboy
    Options
    @twonker,I also forgot to mention that evidence to support a claim is only required if your health conditions as either deteriorated or got better..
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    valleyboy said:
    @twonker,well considering I was on a indefinite award of dla "since March 2000" I gather the decision makers has realised this along with requesting further information of my GP in regards to this award..
    Meanwhile I'm pointing out the outcome as me myself wernt aware paper decisions could be made..

Same here. I was receiving DLA from the mid 90's at the high rate indefinitely. But with PIP it was a different kettle of fish. I have had two PIP assessments and both had to go to appeal. My DLA award was never taken into consideration for PIP - didn't know it could.

As I have said all the advice on here is to treat every review as a new claim submitting full evidence to support it even if there has been no change.
  • valleyboy
    Options
    @twonker,my condition still remains the same ie"aint deteriorated or got better" so what's the point in submitting full evidence just for a reassessment hey?
    I'm sure my support worker who is a professional by the way would of done that..
    My support worker also told me you only basically SUBMIT new evidence if your health related issues as deteriorated..

• valleyboy
    Options
    @ilovecats,You a assessor you say?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.