Just would like to know — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just would like to know

David2484
David2484 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi have apply for pip got letter today for them saying i got all information how does usually take letter 23 of May if anybody can help thanks

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @David2484 welcome to the community! The waiting time can vary as it depends on or if there is a backlog of claims in your area. On average, it takes 6-8 weeks but can be earlier or longer. Let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, if you have had your assessment then you can request a copy of your assessment report if you live in the UK. On receiving you can work out what your award may could be but you still have to wait for the official confirmation letter from DWP of your official award. 
  • Bruno78
    Bruno78 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    How long after your f2f, do you usually the text/letter stating they have all the info they need to make a decision?
  • David2484
    Wilko who do ask from the copy for the report 
  • David2484
    Bruno78 8th may f8f and few days later got the got my report then got a today letter saying a have all information 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales to decisions. The letter you received is just a standard letter that is sent to everyone. It can still take weeks once that is sent. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    This is a standard letter. I filled out the form and sent it off. Then impatiently waited for a while to see if they had decided. There’s no telling how much time is wasted. All you can do is to contact them daily to see what’s going on in their minds really. I know this is not easy but hang in there. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @David2484 and welcome to the community! :)

I hope our members have been able to answer your question regarding decision times. Fingers crossed they'll make a decision quickly for you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • David2484
    Ok i ask for report still have not hear
  • David2484
    Hi, need help i got the report i am lose where does if get or not but still waiting it 5 weeks now
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    If you're asking about the recommendations for the points. Then look at the back of the report there will be activities/descriptors with dots next to them. Use the PIP self test to see what score, if any was recommended. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • David2484
    Thanks all for help i phoned dwp today and have decision i have wait 7-10 days to wait not long now

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.