Medical assessment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical assessment

Comments

• Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    It's no surprise, that they down graded you. All you can do is send an MR and hope for the best. As I've said, it's about getting disabled people off entitlements, nothing more nothing less. And, some folks on here, support that system, you have to think why, yup. 
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Hi @kim7171 Sorry to hear that. :/ You have the letter from the Decision-Maker, but do you also have a copy of the Assessor's Report (the PA4)?
  • kim7171
    kim7171 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Yes i do have a letter with all the points given. And the letter from the assessor..
    I have been taken down  from the higher rate indefinatly to 2 years on the standard rate.. i cannot believe it...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no indefinite awards for PIP, 10 years with a light tough review is the longest. Is this a transfer from DLA? Either way, you need to do as i advised in a comment above within 1 month from the date of the decision.

This link will tell you what's in your area for face to face help and advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @kim7171 So do you agree with the assessor's report?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Yeah, the same happened to me @kim7171 nothing has changed apart from having a diagnoses for something, I'm no better than I was when they first assessed me but according to the assessor I'm magically cured of MH problems lol. Just waiting for the decision.

Are you going to do an MR? I'm thinking about it, Welfare Rights have said they'll help when I get the letter.
  • kim7171
    No i dont agree with the assessors report and i am going to apeal.. i only habe the letter thay sent me nothing like a PA4...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019
    Isn't the PA4 the assessors report? Did you ask for a copy of the report over the phone?
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Don't hold your breath. All an MR is, a decision maker, will take another look at it. In my case, and many others, it normally doesn't change the assessors decision. So then you go for the tribunal and wait another year or so, before you go to the appeal (begging) court stage. If that goes against you, you can take it to an upper court. That's a rough time line for you. In the meantime you have to struggle along best you can. Led by some who don't know what they are talking about and others who deliberately mislead you.

The only folks benefiting out of all this, is DWP and our caring Gov, who save money (which is their agenda)they hope you die whilst waiting, which will be nearly two years, from the start of the whole process. The Courts and Drs And, if you haven't sussed it yet, it's a scam. Scope don't do to badly out of it either, check out their profit from past years. That said, there are many good people on here who do truly want to help. It's a minefield and one you can well do without when you're already I'll. Don't you just love those caring helping humans :D
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • poppy123456
    kim7171 said:
    No i dont agree with the assessors report and i am going to apeal.. i only habe the letter thay sent me nothing like a PA4...
    In a previous comment you said you have the assessors report. If it is this then it will say PA4 on the front.

You can't appeal without going through the MR process first. Don't expect the decision to change at this point because only around 18% of them do. Most have to take it to Tribunal and appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour.

Was this a transfer from DLA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    You seem like my type of person @Threesticks lol. The problem is, we have to do the MR's to get the the tribunal :( 

• kim7171
    Yes i think so because i have a mobility vehicle which now they are taking back because i am no longer on the higher rate... 
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Can you keep your car untill the appeal ?
    I think I've read about this being possible. 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    It all depends on you disability. But my advise is think about you answer before you give it. Think about why they are asking that particular question. Like, " do you have a dog ? " who walks it ? " " Do you drive ? "  They tell you, it isn't to catch you out, it is, be mindful. Take a witness and get the witness to write everything down. You're not allowed to record without prior notice. But you can take notes. Best of luck.
    It may well be a catch but you still are required to tell the truth.
  • poppy123456
    KG100 said:
    Can you keep your car untill the appeal ?
    I think I've read about this being possible. 
    This is only possible when transferring from DLA to PIP if a claimant has been a customer of motability since before the end of 2013. If this applies then motability will be in contact with the customer to discuss their options. I will say though that it may not be as straight forward as it seems.

I have asked @kim7171 a number of times throughout this thread if they are transferring from DLA and there's been no answer to my question.

• kim7171
    Yes i have answered each time that  that yes it if from DLA to PIP
  • kim7171
    I have 1 month to apeal and i can keep the car for 8 weeks only i have asked this and if the apeal  takes longer i still have to give the car back... if my apeal is successful and i am put back on higher rate for atleast  3 years then i would have to go through starting another contract for a vehicle
  • kim7171
    I have also been told that if i except the decsion they will give me £2000 towards buying another car... also that if i apeal i could lose what i already have... well to me that feels like bribary  and intimidation...  in other word except it and take the money and go away...
  • poppy123456
    DLA and PIP are different and they have different criteria. PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

The criteria for high mobility DLA was different to what PIP is.

No one can tell you on an internet forum whether you will rick losing everything you already have if you request the MR. For this you'll need to get face to face advice from an agency near you. When requesting the MR/Tribunal they will look at the whole award again and not just part of it.

Only 18% of MR decisions change so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Yes, it's a very long process and you could be waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date.

If you decide to to request the MR/Tribunal and you're awarded Enhanced mobility you need at least a 12 month award to be able to qualify for a motability vehicle, you don't need a 3 year award.

This link is very useful to read and it will give you more knowledge of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    @kim7171 - I don't think that it's intimidation - but it's true that in any appeal process you may end up worse off.

I think what you need to do is seek face to face advice as to the strength of your case in order that you can make an informed opinion, balancing the potential upside with the possible downside...

The offer of £2000k to buy a car sounds very attractive to me....

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.