claiming LCWRA does this mean though that i can go out to work or work from home — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

claiming LCWRA does this mean though that i can go out to work or work from home

Options
Alison48
Alison48 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Glad i found this sight hope u are all well.

Comments

• Alison48
    Alison48 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Ive just read about working whilst claiming LCWRA does this mean though that i can go out to work or work from home if someone can shed some light for me plz. I spoke to UC yesterday and they dont have a clue about this as its not in there guidelines. Thanks

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,059 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes you can work but do be aware that the work you do can go against you when you're next assessed.

Having LCWRA means you also have a work allowance, how much you get will depend on circumstances. If you claim the housing element then your work allowance will be £287 per month. If you don't claim the housing element then your work allowance will be £503 per month. This means that you can earn up to that amount before you receive any deductions in your UC.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Alison48 and a very warm welcome to the community. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need any further help. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.