Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

claiming LCWRA does this mean though that i can go out to work or work from home

Alison48Alison48 Member Posts: 3 Listener
Glad i found this sight hope u are all well.

Replies

• Alison48Alison48 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Ive just read about working whilst claiming LCWRA does this mean though that i can go out to work or work from home if someone can shed some light for me plz. I spoke to UC yesterday and they dont have a clue about this as its not in there guidelines. Thanks

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes you can work but do be aware that the work you do can go against you when you're next assessed.

Having LCWRA means you also have a work allowance, how much you get will depend on circumstances. If you claim the housing element then your work allowance will be £287 per month. If you don't claim the housing element then your work allowance will be £503 per month. This means that you can earn up to that amount before you receive any deductions in your UC.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,951 Scope community team
    Hello @Alison48 and a very warm welcome to the community. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need any further help. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.