When do you have your PIP review? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When do you have your PIP review?

Options
kass
kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all 

Can anyone tell me my pip was due to be look at in may this year but not heard nothing it runs out in may next year not even had forms what do i do r do i just leave it for now 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kass PIP reviews can take place any time up to 1 year prior to your claim due to be reviewed. No need to worry :) all you need to do is wait for them to send the forms out
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, usually they do send the forms around 1 year before the award is due to end. However, i have heard that reviews now take place 6 months before the award is due to end but i can't find anything that confirms this.

If you were awarded by a Tribunal then it's different and you will be contacted approximately 14 weeks before the award ends.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kass
    Options
    I should have been contacted on or after the 2nd may 2019 but had no calls or letters  and my pip runs out on the 2nd may 2020 do i still wait for form are  just leave it like you said 

Thank You 
  • kass
    Options
    No I have not been award by Tribunal I got my pip in 2017 for 3 years it runs out in may 2020 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @kass, just wait till the paperwork arrives you won’t be forgotten, in the mean time start a file of evidence that you can send and use to support your pip review. Up to date medical evidence ect and recent medical reports that  supports your disability, diagnosis and prognosis and abilities to do the pip des.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
    Oh I've read they contact you three months before if you were awarded PIP via a tribunal. I'm not 100% sure though.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All you can do is wait, as i advised there's speculation that reviews are now 6 months before. If you're worried then you could ring DWP and ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi
    My pip is till Feb 2020 and I have had no contact yet. I am going to wait till the 6 month and if no contact will call them 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.