Year anniversary — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Year anniversary

amzry20
amzry20 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Heya Everyone.
My names Amelia and Today I have earnt my one year anniversary badge along with many others on here.

Im so glad to have found this social online discussion post, as I feel there is no judgemental stigma talking about life struggle I can have.

So my PIP assessment is coming up in 2020! (I know its a year away but I'm Extremely worried)
I'm so nervous!
I feel i'm not on the right rating currently but we all know the question they ask about 100 meters!
I've seen so many petitions to try and get PIP and other assessments better and fair with this question. 

See I have Hypermobility and Palindromic rheumatism (other health conditions too) this can affect me differently each day to each hour.
A 'Flare up' or Sublux (joint dislocation) can happen at any time which affects my walking about handling objects. 

Thank  you for reading!

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @amzry20 and a warm welcome to the community! That's great that you have been here a year and that you have enjoyed your time on the community :)
    I can understand that the PIP process is daunting, especially when you don't feel understood. I hope when the time comes we'll be able to support you through the process. If you'd like to get involved with discussions we have a list of recent discussions here. Please do let me know if there is anything I can do to help :)
    Scope

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @amzry20

Good Evening and Welcome to our community/family ?

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with your “Pip Assessment”

@steve51

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @amzry20,
    Welcome to the Community and congratulations on earning your one year anniversary badge!  Nice to meet you.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Nice to meet you!
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @amzry20-

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A warm Welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us 

I hope you are having a good day today PIP is the Bain of everybody's life, it seems to be a lottery depending on where you live. I get very agitated when I go for the assessments, and the waiting afterward to see what you have been awarded. Well that just takes forever.

The whole system sucks, you have to go in and tell your worst day scenario and how many days you are like that.

If we can be of any further help to you please let us know.

Enjoy the rest of your day

@connie00

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @amzry20 congratulations on your one year anniversary with the online community. We're all here should you ever need anything.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great to have you here @amzry20 and congratulations for being with us so long!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Awesome! I love the badges on here! ?
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @amzry20 :) Congratulations on your badge! 

Brightness