ESA contributory based can unpaid carer move in with me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA contributory based can unpaid carer move in with me

Options
geo31237
geo31237 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
 I am on ESA contributory based ESA  i live alone  can my unpaid carer move in fulltime with me to help me more without it affecting my ESA benefit ? he  has a state pension and works fulltime if it does affect my ESA benefit how many days in one week can he stay and care for me without it affecting my ESA benefit. hope that makes sense thanks in advance George.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Is this person your partner or just your carer?

Do you claim any other benefits?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • geo31237
    Options
    this person is carer to me I also get low care dla and high rate mobility component of dla. .
  • geo31237
    Options
     @poppy123456 why ask me a question  then dont  reply kind regards geo.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Pardon? I have a disability too and i can't always reply to people, i'm sorry if i over looked your answer... You really should get some expert face to face advice from an agency near you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @geo31237, I understand you're concerned about your situation, but please remember our members here all have other commitments and @poppy123456in particular as one of our community champions spends a lot of her time volunteering to answer queries.
    Contribution-based ESA shouldn't be negatively affected by having a carer move in, but to echo Poppy, it might be best talking to your local CAB for further advice. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • geo31237
    Options
    Yes I think I should consult a welfare rights person I apologise for my impatience. 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    It’s not a problem @geo31237, I think we can all understand you’re anxious to know the answer to this. Please let us know how you get on and what CAB or Welfare Rights advise.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.