Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA contributory based can unpaid carer move in with me

I am on ESA contributory based ESA  i live alone  can my unpaid carer move in fulltime with me to help me more without it affecting my ESA benefit ? he  has a state pension and works fulltime if it does affect my ESA benefit how many days in one week can he stay and care for me without it affecting my ESA benefit. hope that makes sense thanks in advance George.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Is this person your partner or just your carer?

Do you claim any other benefits?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • geo31237geo31237 Member Posts: 16 Listener
    this person is carer to me I also get low care dla and high rate mobility component of dla. .
     @poppy123456 why ask me a question  then dont  reply kind regards geo.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Pardon? I have a disability too and i can't always reply to people, i'm sorry if i over looked your answer... You really should get some expert face to face advice from an agency near you. 
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,997

Scope community team

Hi @geo31237, I understand you're concerned about your situation, but please remember our members here all have other commitments and @poppy123456in particular as one of our community champions spends a lot of her time volunteering to answer queries.
    Contribution-based ESA shouldn't be negatively affected by having a carer move in, but to echo Poppy, it might be best talking to your local CAB for further advice. :smile:
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    Yes I think I should consult a welfare rights person I apologise for my impatience. 

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,997

Scope community team

It’s not a problem @geo31237, I think we can all understand you’re anxious to know the answer to this. Please let us know how you get on and what CAB or Welfare Rights advise.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.