Unfit for work - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unfit for work

13»

Comments

• Craig72
    Craig72 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Yes I send in sick notes... to universal credit like I did when I was on  E. S. A for a time.. I haven't yet asked for a copy yet I only had it 2 days ago then obviously it will got to the dwp and again probably fail.... 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Having looked back at your previous threads i noticed that you did take your ESA to Tribunal but just once. As most MR decisions remain the same then if you are refused and have to go through this process again you really should take it all the way to Tribunal. Good luck with the PIP and the work capability assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Craig72
    I did take it to tribunal they did it based on my paperwork... and still failed. obviously advanced osteoarthritis and spondylitis and depression is not bad enough to get an award benefit of some sort..... and thank you I can also tell you I won't be successful with pip that's not me being negative I just know now now after 3years if it was going to happen it would have they had more than enough info and paperwork.... 
  • poppy123456
    ESA/ Limited capability for work for UC and PIP are different benefits.

PIP is about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. It's not about a diagnosis. People work and claim PIP.

The work capability assessment is not about a diagnosis.  When being assessed for this they will look at your ability to do all types of work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Craig72
    Well my esa assessments was much the same as my pip assessment... I didn't see any difference,
    they asked the same questions?? maybe a few different ones and had two people instead of just one person.. 
  • poppy123456
    The assessments are very similar and they ask you questions about your conditions and how you're affected. The criteria for both is very different.

I'm not sure why you had 2 HCP's in the room during your PIP assessment, i've only ever had one. Did you ask why there was someone else there?
  • Craig72
    No because its all just burnt me out.  3 esa assessments a work accident 3 mandatory reconsiderations and a paper tribunal, and my mental health is worse because all this.... I didn't bother I had a support worker with me to sit in on the assessment

• poppy123456
    So you just took it as far as the MR for 2 decisions and 1 paper Tribunal, this is most likely why you didn't succeed. Only 18% of MR decisions change and with a paper based hearing for a Tribunal there's only a 5-8% chance of success. 71% if you appear in person. Always take it to Tribunal and appear in person for the best outcome.

Please get some expert face to face advice, if the PIP decision doesn't go in your favour. Also get some advice regarding your work capability assessment.
  • Craig72
    I count go to the tribunal because my partners father had died I found him it wasn't a great experience.... and for the percentage and maths and stats involved it shouldn't have to be that difficult..... I personally think that if you have a disability the first assessment they should get things  right......so because I didn't turn up to the tribunal I'm fine, wow thats the world we live in, if this don't go through I'm done 

• poppy123456
    Unfortunately, having a disability doesn't automatically entitle you to anything, there's criteria you have to meet to be eligible. Sad yes but that's the way it is :(
  • Craig72
    Yeah I guess it is, that's why I just can't be bothered after this assessment..... ?
  • paul93
    paul93 Community member Posts: 69 Connected
    Dear poppy 123456
    I need advice from you that on 27th December 2018 i had my ESA medical assessment which i went so couple of days later i received another letter for assessment for 14th of January 2019 and they said i didnt attend that assessment now i have Universal Credit medical assessment again on 11th June 2019 so could you please guide me how should i protect myself from these liars if it happens again and how do i ask them for my recorded assessment Thanks in advance  
  • poppy123456
    paul93 said:
    Dear poppy 123456
    I need advice from you that on 27th December 2018 i had my ESA medical assessment which i went so couple of days later i received another letter for assessment for 14th of January 2019 and they said i didnt attend that assessment now i have Universal Credit medical assessment again on 11th June 2019 so could you please guide me how should i protect myself from these liars if it happens again and how do i ask them for my recorded assessment Thanks in advance  
    Hi,

If you want them to record the work capability assessment then you'll need to ring to request this. You need to do this ASAP.

• cooney1984
    cooney1984 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi poppy123456 I have just been put on limited capabilities for work and activities by universal credit do I still need to hand fit notes in 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @cooney1984 and welcome to the community. 

If you've definitely been awarded and that decision letter is in your journal, then no, you don't have to keep handing in fit notes. 

Hope that helps.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.