LCWRA slow or not? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA slow or not?

madquasimodo
madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
I have been off work for a fair while after injuring both arms, I had started claiming Universal credit and gave them "Fit for work" note until they sent a form to fill, on the 3rd April 2019 they sent me details of the Work capability assessment decision, since then nothing no letter no payment, it said we will send details if you don't get them phone, I did and they said they hadn't yet sent anything out, just put a note on journal asking for an update, is this the norm now?

I know someone who just took the paperwork in to the Job Centre, they told him there he would get LCWRA and he has it just around a month later, can't figure it out.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Have you had a face to face assessment for the work capability assessment? Most people have these once the work capability assessment form has been returned. There's no timescales how long it takes for them to send you an appointment for the assessment, it all depends on back log in your area.

You say they sent you details of the work capability assessment decision but since then you've had no letter and no payment so i'm confused about that part.

If a decision's been made what was the decision? Was is LCW or LCWRA. Your online journal will tell you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • madquasimodo
    They sent the decision and said further details will be sent regarding payment and any outstanding amount, since then nothing, it did say "we will send this to you if you have not heard in 7 days please contact us"  that was 3rd april, I phoned nothing, updated the journal still nothing, is this normal, I know PIP has weeks of delay "sometimes" 
  • poppy123456
    You said you filled in the form on the 3rd of April and then said you had the decision on the same day? You won't have the decision on the same day so this is what i'm confused about. If you had the decision, what was it? and when did you first claim UC and start sending in the fit notes?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
  • madquasimodo
    edited June 2019
    No I said I filled in their form, on the 3rd april they replied with the decision, but have not done anything since, and yes it was the UC50
  • poppy123456
    What was that decision?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.