PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Help with completing a PIP form

toby52002toby52002 Member Posts: 4 Listener
Please can you advice where I might get help filling in my pip claim form as I have constant tremors and my writing is not legible.  I’m also not able to produce evidence which is current for some of my ailments like spinal issues as the last consultant I was seen by was about 15 years ago and I’m not under another consultant.

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    You can type your answers on separate sheets and attach to the back of the form, with your name and NI on each sheet. Then just reference to the sheets on the form
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • toby52002toby52002 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    The last form the CAB completed for me just wondered if there was someone like social services to help
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    If you do get CAB or other agency to complete your form, make sure you keep a copy
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,060 Disability Gamechanger
    Social Services don't help with form filling. This link will help you know what's local to you for help. https://advicelocal.uk/

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 7,148 Disability Gamechanger
    Intriguing to see @ilovecats now recommend CA having said elsewhere that they and Age UK exaggerate in almost all cases. 

Start with https://advicelocal.uk/ but focus on CA, independent advice centres, local authority welfare rights, law centres etc. There are no circumstances in which you will need to pay for form filling. 

Don’t stress about medical evidence. It’s far more important on a claim pack to have a couple of recent detailed anecdotal examples per descriptor. What happened; when, where; why; who was there; what happened next. A medical report is relevant if diagnosis, prognosis, meds/treatment are in dispute or if you lack insight into your own condition. Otherwise it’s neither here nor there. 
Sign in or join us to comment.