Change over — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change over

Bingo66xx
Bingo66xx Community member Posts: 2 Listener
if my partner claims carers allowance for me . And we both get p I p . With we be moved onto universal credit, I also claim carers allowance for my partner 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Both of these benefits aren't part of UC. What other benefits do you receive?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bingo66xx
    Bingo66xx Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Esa support group, child benefit, child tax credits 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You won't be moved to UC by claiming carers allowance because it's not part of it.

However, you should both be claiming Severe disability premium (SDP) in with your ESA instead of claiming carers allowance for each other. Claiming the SDP will mean you'll be £59.70 per week better off. To claim this you both need to cancel the carers allowance first.

Link here for the severe disability premium. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium

Speak to your local CAB for further advice.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.