PIP Assesment report Clarification — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assesment report Clarification

dimmingdave
dimmingdave Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi and thanks for letting me join.

I applied for pip the end of February and had a home assesment. I requested the report which came Saturday and I got 9 for care and 24 for mobility.  On the phone the lady said my claim was being worked on and shouldnt be much longer. Ring back on Monday if you want more info.  I rang back today and was told that they had sent back to Capita to clarify some things on the report.  As had already had an issue with Capita who took ages to send the report back I gave them a ring and they said they had a request on 7th and sent it back then as well. As this is my first time claiming PIP and have read all sorts of issues people are having with Capita and the DWP am worried they might take points away from me which may mean not getting the award.  Have people been in this position before.  I have epilepsy multiple myeloma and brain tumour.    Thanks for any advice help which is much appreciated

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, reading your post it looks as if by the points suggested that you will get standard care and enhanced mobility. I am a bit confused as to 24 points for mobility. Things will be sorted out the decision makers normally go with the assessment report. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    ilovecats said:

24 points means 11F and 12E most likely. Scored in both categories 
    I think that may have been a typo because that would make is 22 points. 11F and 12F would score 24 points. ;)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @dimmingdave

A very warm welcome.

You need not worry too much, as there are a number of reason why things are being pinged between Capita and DWP.

None of which need to be of concern, by you.

The DWP never goes against what has been recommended in the assessment report.

Though I have no doubt, you will be inundated with posts on this thread, that will beg to differ.

All I can suggest, is that you continue to contact the PIP helpline for progress reports on your award. If you had the assistance of a welfare rights officer in making your claim, then you may wish to seek, their further assistance.

Let us know if we can be of any further help.
  • poppy123456
    @ilovecats of course they are sorry about that. Been a long day and i think i some point i left my head in bed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    ilovecats said:
    @ilovecats of course they are sorry about that. Been a long day and i think i some point i left my head in bed.
    That’s ok! I had to check and see if F was 14 points lol! 
    haha sorry... B)
  • dimmingdave
    dimmingdave Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    sorry 24 points for mobility oops
  • AlexandriaUK
    AlexandriaUK Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Your mobility award is fine as you only need 12, it's possible that the DWP have done an audit and by them asking capita to look at it again is a good sign, you never know.
    Try not too worry ? easier said than done I know, if you don't receive the benefits award you consider to be correct then put straight in an MR I just got mine back and it's been put back to the same as it was on the last award. 
    Good luck and God's blessings 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.