Wrongly taken money from last months payment
universal credit deducted more than 70% of my last months money, this was not a sanction but more to claim back an advance , I was under the impression that they could only take upto 40% , I have received the 35% but this has left me in financial hardship now due to direct debits bouncing etc , I have put a complaint in but have yet to hear anything , Do I stand a good chance to get compensated from the DWP as the call handler doesn’t believe so .
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 660 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 847 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.