ESA & pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA & pip

Options
thedoc
thedoc Community member Posts: 51 Connected
Hi all need some advice plz I'm on ESA (support group) and receiving  enhanced daily living pip and enhanced mobility could i claim SDP as well plz 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You can only claim the SDP if you live alone or classed as living alone and no one claims carers allowance for looking after you. If you live with a partner then they must also be claiming a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or attendance allowance.

You must also be claiming Income Related ESA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you're also waiting for your PIP decision and the above applies to you then you need to wait until a decision's been made on the PIP before you can claim SDP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thedoc
    thedoc Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.