Applying for PiP again, what's your thoughts? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying for PiP again, what's your thoughts?

Options
2»

Comments

• drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Personally I wrote my report and sent it off and didn't even think about reading it again cause I knew exactly what was wrong with me and when i was asked questions regarding it I was able to answer without hesitating. Can understand would be awkward if someone else wrote your report for you but it should still be factual.
    I have to agree with you here. Although i've had help with all but 1 of my PIP forms, when they were being filled out i was asked the questions and i told them how my conditions affect me. What was written was factual so during my face to face assessments i knew exactly how to answer the questions.

Although i did manage to get a paper based assessment for my daughters last PIP review. I filled out her form myself, for the first time. I put as much information down as possible for each descriptor that applied her and added 2 real life examples for each . I used separate A4 sheets of paper because there wasn't enough of space. Once i finished  i typed out all the information and printed it.

It took me 4 weeks to fill out the form because i did a little each day and asked for 14 days extension. Sent in evidence from the mental health team that went into great detail about how her conditions affect her and i highlighted all of the most important bits in the evidence, so that it wasn't missed. Her report was returned to DWP within 1 week of it being sent to the health assessment providers. Decision was the award remained the same, Enhanced for both parts.
    Amazing poppy congratulations to you and your daughter. I also agree about the lack of space in the boxes i had to write on plain paper. I felt kinda bad for the assesor reading my handwrighting its like chicken scratches haha.

Drew
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks. My writing is the same, that's why it was typed and printed :D
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • theange
    theange Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    edited August 2019
    Options
    ***  UPDATE ***
    Returned from a few days away yesterday to be welcomed by the DWP decision letter.
    Much to my utter amazement, I've been awarded lower daily living allowance.  However, I just scraped through with 11 points and nothing for Mobility.  Reading the Report however, I'm a little confused - her statement in the report was:
    'Mixing with other people' (scored out of 8) :  0 ' You can engage with other people unaided'. YET, in the My Decision section, it states 'You said you have difficulties communicating verbally and engaging with other people face to face' - this smacks at *you said* is treated as 'you said but we think you're lying'!! 

The report:  'You said you have difficulties planning and following journeys'.  No I didn't!  

This has been awarded for a set time, in this case 10 years. 

Question.  I've had a job working from home for 3.4 years.  It's sitting at a desk using the phone and laptop with tight time constraints  This has become increasingly more painful this summer and therefore I have had to give up this job.  Should I contact DWP and advise them of this?   My partner seems to think if I ask for a re-consideration of the decision that I could lose out completely.  Does that happen?

Thanks for reading, 

Ange
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn't about not being able to work, people claim PIP and work. Whether or not you should have scored points for engaging with others and communicating will totally depend on how your conditions affect you.

If you disagree with the decision you have 1 month from that date to request the MR. Most MR decisions remain the same but it is possible to either lose what you already have or be awarded more points for a higher award. No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to your current award by requesting this MR.

I'd advise you to get some face to face advice before requesting the MR. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.