Notice pay and ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Notice pay and ESA

Options
littlebutton1001
littlebutton1001 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
hi! Has anyone experienced this before? I’m on IR ESA and about to receive 3 months notice pay and I’ve finally been dismissed from my job due to ill health. Do I phone DWP to tell them and how does it affect my ESA? Thank you!

Comments

• littlebutton1001
    Options
    help! I’m on IR esa and have now been dismissed from work due to ill health. I’m going to get 3 months notice pay. Do I tell the DWP? How will it affect my ESA? I’m so worried!
  • littlebutton1001
    Options
    i wondered if anyone had experience of this! I’m on IR ESA and will be receiving 3 months notice pay as I’ve now finally be dismissed due to ill health from my job. Do I tell DWP? How does it affect your esa? Thank you!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hello @littlebutton1001, I'm sorry no one has been able to help you with this yet. Have you managed to find the answer? 
    I'm not entirely sure of the answer, but I would imagine you need to let them know. @poppy123456 I don't suppose you have any ideas do you? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It depends what you're receiving this money for.

V4049 Payments made as a result of employment ending do not affect ESA

V4075 Any holiday pay that is payable within four weeks of the date employment ended, or was interrupted, should be treated as earnings for ESA

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • littlebutton1001
    Options
    That’s brilliant thank you! I really appreciate it! Do you think this is the same for both types of esa? As I’m receiving income based. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It maybe different for Income Related ESA but i can't find anything that says anything for sure.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • littlebutton1001
    Options
    Ok thank you for looking! I’m wondering if it was different it would have said in that document you found? I will contact DWP and see what they say! Really appreciate your help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Thanks for your help with this @poppy123456
    Good luck with the DWP @littlebutton1001, let us know how you get on, it would be useful to know what they say to you about this. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.