Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

alisha22
alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
If already on pip and just got reassessed as I did a change of circumstances as mental health got worse and wanted to check if for some reason I do go down the mandatory route will I still get paid the pip im already on.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alisha22 have you received a decision?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Yeah you should do, I don't think doing an MR affects your payments if you are already getting PIP. I'll probably have to do an MR when I get my decision letter.
  • alisha22
    Ive not had my decision yet thou.
  • alisha22
    Wf2k what makes you think you will be doing a mandatory decision. Be hopeful as you never know.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2019
    @alisha22 I got my report and the assessor has pretty much swept my mental health problems to one side which my first award was based on, I was awarded enhanced for both and he has now made it about my physical health and dropped it to standard. That's what is in the report at least and I'm told the the DWP mainly go with the assessors report. I'm waiting for the decision letter.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    alisha22 said:
    If already on pip and just got reassessed as I did a change of circumstances as mental health got worse and wanted to check if for some reason I do go down the mandatory route will I still get paid the pip im already on.

As you have had a new assessment for CoC the new decision will supercede your current award. Any assessment or review can take away your benefit, which is why we usually recommend getting trained advice before putting in for a CoC
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2019
    Ahh you learn something new everyday! Next time I'll tag CR or Poppy in. Sorry about stating the wrong thing.
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    WF2k said:
    @alisha22 I got my report and the assessor has pretty much swept my mental health problems to one side which my first award was based on, I was awarded enhanced for both and he has now made it about my physical health and dropped it to standard. That's what is in the report at least and I'm told the the DWP mainly go with the assessors report. I'm waiting for the decision letter.
    Hi alisha22 That is the same with me as I have put in my posts if you look at the way the assessor did is assessment on my mental health it will make you LOL and I had my tribunal  yesterday on the 17th may 2019 after 19 months of hell to win it in 30 mins how there is know comeback on them is just a joke that there still doing it to this day gets me.
  • alisha22
    Ive requested the assessment report, I had my home visit for pip on the 17th April 2019 and still waiting for decision. I'm concerned now that my standard will be taken off me as ive heard stories about the assessor etc. First time they prevented me from going to the tribunal and offered me the standard rates, which was more or less forced on me.
  • alisha22
    Surley they will see I don't give up and how suddenly they decided I was unable to walk a certain distance etc and decided to offer me a award.
  • alisha22
    Does anyone know if you can request the assessor report before a decision is made.
  • [Deleted User]
    Yeap, if you aren't in Northern Ireland. Call the PIP line and ask for a copy :)
  • alisha22
    Oh ok thanks will do that.
  • alisha22
    Hello folks, can someone tell me if this is abit strange or not. Well I had my pip assessment at home on the 17th april 2019 and this morning I rang DWP to check my progress only to be told that capita have not sent the report yet for dwp to make decision on. The did think it was out of order as usually it takes a few days for the assessor report to be scanned over but mine's been a while and no report. I was annoyed to say the least, and he said he will get the manager to chase this up so does this mean another 8 or so weeks now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    It sounds very likely that your report is in audit, if it is then this can delay the process of sending the report back to DWP. There's no timescales how long it can be in audit for but it won't be returned to DWP until the audit is complete. My daughters PIP report was in audit for 5 weeks.

If you give the health assessment people a ring they will tell you if it's in audit or not.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisha22
    Hello poppy, I just gave the health care assessment Centre and now being told that on the 18th April which is a day after the home assessment that its being done as a paperbased now and are trying to push it forward for me but apparently paperbased assessment do take longer.
  • poppy123456
    This doesn't make any sense. A paper based assessment is when no face to face is needed. You've already had the face to face assessment.

When you rang them did you ask why they haven't returned the assessment report to DWP? This is what you need to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • alisha22
    Poppy I did ask and they said with all the medical stuff it is best they do a paper Based assessment. I am too confused as ive had the f2f and she was like the one before a very cold woman and did not seem that interested in what we had to say or show her. So how can this be and has anyone else had this. It is abit weird one day I have had my f2f at home and the very next day its decided to go by a paper Based assessment. And why has it taken 8 weeks already, sooo confused and may call them again tomorrow. They said to call back in 2 weeks if ive not heard anything.
  • alisha22
    Sorry also wanted to know if these paper Based assessment are done by capita or dwp and why they have come to this conclusion that I need one. Im worried it may not go in my favour but why would capita come to my home and spend 60 minutes with us.
  • poppy123456
    If you've had a face to face assessment then they won't be doing a paper based one, sorry but that really doesn't make any sense.

Since you reported the changes have you had a face to face assessment?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.