PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Pip

alisha22alisha22 Member Posts: 317 Pioneering
If already on pip and just got reassessed as I did a change of circumstances as mental health got worse and wanted to check if for some reason I do go down the mandatory route will I still get paid the pip im already on.

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 7,123 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alisha22 have you received a decision?
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Yeah you should do, I don't think doing an MR affects your payments if you are already getting PIP. I'll probably have to do an MR when I get my decision letter.
  • alisha22alisha22 Member Posts: 317 Pioneering
    Ive not had my decision yet thou.
    Wf2k what makes you think you will be doing a mandatory decision. Be hopeful as you never know.
    edited May 2019
    @alisha22 I got my report and the assessor has pretty much swept my mental health problems to one side which my first award was based on, I was awarded enhanced for both and he has now made it about my physical health and dropped it to standard. That's what is in the report at least and I'm told the the DWP mainly go with the assessors report. I'm waiting for the decision letter.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,258 Disability Gamechanger
    alisha22 said:
    If already on pip and just got reassessed as I did a change of circumstances as mental health got worse and wanted to check if for some reason I do go down the mandatory route will I still get paid the pip im already on.

As you have had a new assessment for CoC the new decision will supercede your current award. Any assessment or review can take away your benefit, which is why we usually recommend getting trained advice before putting in for a CoC
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
    edited May 2019
    Ahh you learn something new everyday! Next time I'll tag CR or Poppy in. Sorry about stating the wrong thing.
  • GeraldGerald Member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    WF2k said:
    @alisha22 I got my report and the assessor has pretty much swept my mental health problems to one side which my first award was based on, I was awarded enhanced for both and he has now made it about my physical health and dropped it to standard. That's what is in the report at least and I'm told the the DWP mainly go with the assessors report. I'm waiting for the decision letter.
    Hi alisha22 That is the same with me as I have put in my posts if you look at the way the assessor did is assessment on my mental health it will make you LOL and I had my tribunal  yesterday on the 17th may 2019 after 19 months of hell to win it in 30 mins how there is know comeback on them is just a joke that there still doing it to this day gets me.
    Ive requested the assessment report, I had my home visit for pip on the 17th April 2019 and still waiting for decision. I'm concerned now that my standard will be taken off me as ive heard stories about the assessor etc. First time they prevented me from going to the tribunal and offered me the standard rates, which was more or less forced on me.
    Surley they will see I don't give up and how suddenly they decided I was unable to walk a certain distance etc and decided to offer me a award.
    Does anyone know if you can request the assessor report before a decision is made.
    Yeap, if you aren't in Northern Ireland. Call the PIP line and ask for a copy :)
    Oh ok thanks will do that.
    Hello folks, can someone tell me if this is abit strange or not. Well I had my pip assessment at home on the 17th april 2019 and this morning I rang DWP to check my progress only to be told that capita have not sent the report yet for dwp to make decision on. The did think it was out of order as usually it takes a few days for the assessor report to be scanned over but mine's been a while and no report. I was annoyed to say the least, and he said he will get the manager to chase this up so does this mean another 8 or so weeks now.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    It sounds very likely that your report is in audit, if it is then this can delay the process of sending the report back to DWP. There's no timescales how long it can be in audit for but it won't be returned to DWP until the audit is complete. My daughters PIP report was in audit for 5 weeks.

If you give the health assessment people a ring they will tell you if it's in audit or not.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Hello poppy, I just gave the health care assessment Centre and now being told that on the 18th April which is a day after the home assessment that its being done as a paperbased now and are trying to push it forward for me but apparently paperbased assessment do take longer.
    This doesn't make any sense. A paper based assessment is when no face to face is needed. You've already had the face to face assessment.

When you rang them did you ask why they haven't returned the assessment report to DWP? This is what you need to ask.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Poppy I did ask and they said with all the medical stuff it is best they do a paper Based assessment. I am too confused as ive had the f2f and she was like the one before a very cold woman and did not seem that interested in what we had to say or show her. So how can this be and has anyone else had this. It is abit weird one day I have had my f2f at home and the very next day its decided to go by a paper Based assessment. And why has it taken 8 weeks already, sooo confused and may call them again tomorrow. They said to call back in 2 weeks if ive not heard anything.
    Sorry also wanted to know if these paper Based assessment are done by capita or dwp and why they have come to this conclusion that I need one. Im worried it may not go in my favour but why would capita come to my home and spend 60 minutes with us.
    If you've had a face to face assessment then they won't be doing a paper based one, sorry but that really doesn't make any sense.

Since you reported the changes have you had a face to face assessment?
    Yes when I reported the change of circumstances in February I filled in the appropriate form sent in all relevant information etc, then my gp asked for a home visit and got one on the 17th April. I only rang up as i did not hear from them and was told no report has been sent from assessor. So when I asked yourself for information and you said ring the healthcare department I did and that's when the gentleman said they decided on a paper Based assessment on the 18th April day after the assessment, which is why it's talking so long.
    I will however not wait 2 weeks but ring tomorrow morning and get a second opinion as this don't sound right, I've not heard of a home assessment then also a paper Based assessment. This has made me so confused.
    The assessment report is written whether there's a face to face assessment or not. If there's no face to face assessment it's a paper based one and the assessment report is called PA3. If it's a face to face assessment then the report is called PA4. Both reports are written by the HCP, not DWP.

It has been known for assessment reports to go missing, maybe this is what happened to the first one? When you ring tomorrow tell them that you has a face to face assessment on 17th April at home... unless the face to face assessment was for ESA?
    The f2f was for pip, ESA I'm in the support group this was for pip. I also have a feeling that something has happened and they are now doing a paper Based assessment. But its a little strange about the dates like i mentioned 17th April was the home visit and the next day according to the gentleman on the phone they decided on a paper Based. I have requested for the assessor report but if it's lost I don't see me getting anything.
    Hello folks, I have just had a update from capita just now regarding my pip assessment. I already mentioned on here that I had my f2f on the 17th April at home, we did originally ask for a paper Based assessment. Well this was granted on the 17th April same day as my f2f so they said I should not have had to go through the f2f so that was cancelled which explains no report. So now they will be doing a paper Based assessment on myself but there is no time scale on this but are trying to push it quicker as it has already been 9 weeks or so. So now I fully understand what has happened but had to ring and ask myself.
    Sorry just wanted to check if anyone had this also and would I require to send more eveidence, they already have 37 pages of eveidence including health professionals. Would they need to get in touch with doctors etc again or go by what they got already.
    Oh ok , I listed my gp and my cpn. All the relevant information has been sent I think they should have sufficient evidence.
    I'm still confused, so they will disregard the face to face assessment report and do a paper based assessment, even though a face to face assessment was already completed? Hmm very odd.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,919 Scope community team
    Hello @alisha22, I've never known it to happen before (although that doesn't mean it hasn't!) It seems very unfortunate that you had to go through a f2f assessment and then on the same day they decide you could have the paper-based assessment after all. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
    Well I rang this morning as it was closed on Saturday (capita) and explained how confused I was about this, they kept apologising and said it's unfortunate u had to go through the f2f and it had been decided on same day ( but on Friday I was told the day after) that it had been decided on a paper Based assessment. The f2f was awful my 16 year old daughter was with me and she started asking my daughter questions about her and that she did not believe she was 16, we had to show id for her and she was a awful woman who talked over me and my daughter so just aswell they are disregarding the f2f.
    Apparently the paper Based assessments have no time scale so could be anytime really.
    Oh ok thanks for the info. I was told they will refer my case to the manager and try to push this ahead but not holding out as we do hear stories about the dwp. I just wished they had made the paper Based assessment before I had to endure the f2f. Does anyone know how successful or unsuccessful these paper Based assessments are.
    Thanks so much. I had a change of circumstances and this is it. My mental health problems really got worse and medication changed so I put in the change of circumstances as the mental illness was put aside and not really looked at when u first applied for pip,so with advice given I put in the change of circumstances and will see where it goes. U feel mental health does not get recognised and feel we get pushed aside so now will see if they have taken notice.
    Sorry can I ask how long yours took and was it paper Based.
    My daughter had a paper based assessment for her review. They contacted someone from the mental health team and wrote the report within a week of her file being sent to them. The report was honest and truthful and the DM went with the report.
    Poppy can u ask who does the report.
    Sorry poppy i meant who does the report. Sorry for bad spelling.
    The HCP.
    Oh dear I'm sorry you felt like that, I know how it feels and in my community theres a stigma attached with mental health. My family have said it's a embarrassment knowing I have mental problems. So apart from my dad and daughter im on me own and feel I have to fight for my rights. Sometimes I do feel like giving up as it takes its toll but kind people on here keep me going.
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Member Posts: 851 Pioneering
    Hi mine was also Paper Based PIP, from DLA indef award. 

Took 8 weeks in total after sending form back, I was on high mobility and low care under DLA.

Moved to PIP enhanced Mobility and enhanced Daily living awarded Ongoing 10 years then a light touch.

My PIP was done with Capita, and my report was spot on 100%

I also sent untold of evidence too.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election video for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Thanks all for the kind advice and sharing your experiences. U will keep you all updated. I sent my form and eveidence in February so hopefully will hear soon.
    Thanks poppy aswell for your help.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,919 Scope community team
    Hello @alisha22,
    I'm sorry to hear you're not getting more support. As Elsey66 said, unless you've experienced anxiety, you can only really sympathise and it's one of those terms that gets conflated with being 'nervous', which unfortunately leads to more people not understanding just how debilitating it can be.
    Please let us know how you get on and I hope you get the outcome you're after. :smile:
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
    Thankyou Adrian, yes I will let you know how I get on. Although the forms etc were sent in February they however decided the paper Based assessment on the 17th April so I have a feeling I may have to wait a little longer.
    Hello everyone, I just wanted some advice on pip as my cpn is no longer with me, I had her for 8 months now but still under the mental health team. The healthcare professionals are doing a paper Based assessment on myself as ive mentioned before in my previous posts and have been in touch with my cpn (because I had my cpn listed) im abit concerned that because I don't have a cpn now will that affect the report. I rang capita just now and did say they have spoken with the cpn. This should not affect my report as my mental health is ongoing still taking medication and still see the mental health team every 3 months. Please advise.
    Sorry what I wanted to ask also was that I didn't want the hcp or dwp thinking as she no longer has a cpn she obviously is ok with her mental health and this goes against me.
    They already spoke to the CPN. All you can do is request a copy of the report once it's returned to DWP.
    I have requested a copy but surely if the cpn says she has discharged myself not from the cmht team just cpn visits will dwp take that against me or does it not matter.
    Sorry for all the questions only I have been very low with the whole process and am very drained out.
    I'm sorry, i have no idea if that will go against you. You'll just have to wait for the report to see what it recommends, the HCP writes the report and DWP decision makers makes a decision based on the recommendations in the report.
    Thankyou for your advice and yes I will ring the cpn and see what was said and asked. I'm hoping they go by the careplan the cpn did for me.  
  • Pipquestions2Pipquestions2 Member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    alisha22 said:
    I have requested a copy but surely if the cpn says she has discharged myself not from the cmht team just cpn visits will dwp take that against me or does it not matter.
    It doesn't really matter wether your under mental health teams or not. If it effects you in ways that match the pip descriptor then you'll be entitled to it. Just because it's untreated doesn't mean it doesn't effect you. Pip isn't just about the help you do get, it's about the help you need but don't get aswell.

When I went for my assessment I was on zero mental health services or medication. I mr'd it and the DWP said in their response they don't believe what I wrote because it's inconsistent with people with anxiety levels to not be under mental health professionals or medication.

When I went for tribunal I did have a support worker with me and was on medication ( which once again doesn't help anyways ), they weren't interested in this really at all. The only thing they asked was what my support worker does for me, but I think that was just them wording "what can't you do yourself?" In a different way that would be easier for me to answer (I have communication problems, especially when it comes to talking about my problems) 

Wether you have a cpn or not has no bearings on how your disability effects you so should make no difference in the decision. It just depends on what he said to them but considering your still under mental health teams I don't think it's gonna go bad for you
    Thanks for the reassurance and  I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I rang my old cpn and was told they cant talk with old clients once they are discharged. But now reading all comments on this forum I'm not really bothered as I have different professionals allocated to myself for different health reasons. I just got concerned because I assumed dwp or the hcp might think oh she is better because I was discharged.
    Hello everyone, just a update on my pip paperbased assessment. Well today I received the written report and it basically said I needed prompted rather than using aids on everything really. Prompted on making budgeting decisions to taking medication and dressing and washing etc. But cannot make journeys as this would cause stress etc, so yeah everything they wrote was that I needed promting even with the cooking rather than anything else. Not sure what to make of it really until I get the actual decision from the dwp itself.

Sorry forgot to mention about engaging with people, they said I needed social support to enable me to engage with people.
    Have you added up the recommended points?
    Oh gosh no as had a bad day today but I will but it doesn't mean the dwp may go by the report or do they usually.
    It's very unusual for them to go against the report. They mostly go with it.
    Just checked my points for pip from the report, I get 16 points for daily living and 14 points for mobility. I don't agree with some of the descriptors and points given but will firstly wait for the final decision and take it from there.
    edited June 2019
    That says Enhanced for both and you can't get a higher award than that. If you don't agree then maybe you think they've scored you too high?

They mostly go with the report as i advised. If it's because you don't think you've scored enough then surely you're not going to request the MR? :o
    Yes you are right about the MR,  I guess I should be happy with the points but I always go with the truth and some of the wording was not correct, but won't be challenging this atall. 
    Can I also check as this is a change of circumstances and I was not awarded the correct award for my mental health  would they look into this or take this as a fresh award. By the way the award according to the report is for 2 years.
    As it was change of circumstances then it should be backdated to the date you reported the changes providing you had those conditions for at least 3 months from the date you reported the changes.
    Yes ive had the conditions for more than 3 months. As im currently on the standard rate yet still had the mental health issues when I first applied for pip yet was awarded the standard rates, would they look into that too. Im only asking because I read somwhere they was looking into the mental health side of things as claimants were not getting the right rates and were being backdated payments because they had to change the law on this or something along these lines.
    They are reviewing all current claims but how long this will take i have no idea because there's thousands of claims to look at.
    Oh okay, anyway im just waiting for dwps decision letter to come now and will be glad its over. Poppy can I also thank you for all your advice as I really did not have a clue about who to ring on certain things and what to ask etc so you have been a great support.
    Hello again im sorry for some silly questions but I sometimes don't understand wordings etc. Just wanted to know on a pip assessment report what is exactly the meaning of JUSTIFICATION FOR DESCRIPTORS CHOICE. Is it what they think it is or something else. Apologies again.
    If the box isn't ticked then they have to give reasons why it's not ticked and these are the reasons why they think that activity applies to you.
    Hi poppy, well just gone through report and there are no boxes as such and definitely no ticks. Just highlighting the activity and then saying for example the cq states my mobility is restricted to less than 20 metres while (their wording)her pay indicated her mobility was restricted to 20-50 metres. Then at bottom of the activity they wrote it is likely she can stand and move over 50 metres but no more than 200 metres  safely aided the majority of days.
    So basically all the report is pretty much the same, what CQ says then what my PA6 says and then it is likely etc etc. No boxes for ticks atall.
    I'm not sure why you're worrying, the report recommends Enhanced for both parts and this is the highest award you can have. It's very rare they go against the report. I know it's difficult but please try to relax and hopefully that decision will be made soon.
    Yes you are right poppy, my daughter is saying exactly the same. I just been having to fight my entire life for whats right and seems a long journey ive been on so it really does take it out of you. I appreciate everyone who is going through the same and only wish them the success they rightly deserve. Thanks once again.
    Hi everyone, I have not been here for a few weeks so here's a update. Today received a phone call from dwp asking  when my health deteriorated especially the mental health side. He then said he will put down the date of January 6 2018 and cannot go back any further. He told me I will be getting both enhanced rates rather than the standard rate I'm on at the moment. So does this mean this will be backdated from January 2018 or not or from the moment I put in the change of circumstances. Please advise. Thank you.
    Sorry just another question,  as I am getting the standard rates for both will they take that into the payments and just add the amount that would of total to the enhanced rate. Or will they start backdating the enhanced rate from January 2018 im just abit confused and don't have anyone to ask.
    You will be backdated the difference between Standard and Enhanced for both from that date.
    Oh ok thank you all.
    Hello everyone, I just want to let you all know that finally got my pip and got both enhanced rates. However first they said they will go back as January 2018 but now they said from February 2019 which is the date I reported the change of circumstances. U did state that previously we always mentioned and provided medical evidence for mental health issues but not alot awareness was about then, but I am happy with the outcome and will advise anyone to fight for their right and be patient and you will get there.
    Congratulations @alisha22. I'm glad you finally got this sorted. I'm sorry they're not backdating it as far as originally thought, but it's great that you're still getting it back to Feb 2019. 
    Thanks for sharing your news and good luck! :smile:
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations for getting this sorted! I hope the backpayment doesn't take too long to come through :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    I wish my assessor awarded me and didn't go against the previous assessor etc. my point have dropped from 18 in each to 8, I'd be happy with your points at least that means my money would be the same instead of it probably being reduced. A lot of people are struggling to be awarded when they have MH problems. I've been waiting for the decision for about 3 months now.

Congrats on the award. 
    Thanks everyone and for WF2k you need to send as much evidence as possible for your mental health. Do you have a cpn who can do you a support letter and you should have a care plan in place which helps with your claim. If you cannot go out on your own you get between 8-10 points depending which descriptor applies to you. Don't give up and I wish you all the best.
    @alisha22 this was a review, I've been getting enhanced since 2014 for mainly MH apart from 8 points in moving around, I had 18 in each, there was more evidence this time around than there was the first time, he's obviously not read it and done nothing but lied and contradicted himself. It was also recorded, people think they are less likely lie if you record.. 

I'll post the link to my thread so I don't need to try and explain, my mh is all over the place and explaining stuff makes it worse :/ 

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/59580/pip-report

Hello everyone, I had a phone call from pip but I could not understand this person, I mentioned I  could not hear them etc. They however did mention premiums etc but I remember when I had the standard rate for pip I got a premium amount later on. But im now getting the enhanced rate for both daily and mobility would they a amend the a amount I got to begin with. This may sound confusing but since the call I'm left baffled. My daughter has tried calling them back but gave up as was on phone for some time. Please advise anyone.
    alisha22 said:
    Hello everyone, I had a phone call from pip but I could not understand this person, I mentioned I  could not hear them etc. They however did mention premiums etc but I remember when I had the standard rate for pip I got a premium amount later on. But im now getting the enhanced rate for both daily and mobility would they a amend the a amount I got to begin with. This may sound confusing but since the call I'm left baffled. My daughter has tried calling them back but gave up as was on phone for some time. Please advise anyone.
    The premiums are paid on Income Related ESA, which i think you're claiming if i'm right? and you're in the support group yes?

If you were previously claiming daily living at standard rate and you were receiving the severe disability premium because you live alone and no one claims carers allowance for looking after you then you're still entitled to this. Your ESA will remain the same.

Yes poppy I am getting ESA and yes I'm in the support group, thinking about it now im sure I got a premium a amount last year. I thought as I get the enhanced rates now that would be amended. Maybe I have this wrong. I rang pip and apparently no body from pip rang, this was abit weird.
    Receiving Enhanced for both PIP doesn't mean you'll receive more ESA. If your circumstances are the same now as they were a year ago then you're ESA will be the same amount.

The only extra premium available for those claiming daily living (standard or Enhanced) is the severe disability premium and for this you need to live alone or be classed as living alone and no one must be claiming carers allowance for looking after you.

I can't remember if you receive this premium or not.

The other disability premium that's available with Income Related ESA is Enhanced disability premium, which is automatically paid. So i'm not sure what you mean by amended?
    I live with my daughter but no one claims carers allowance for me. You have a answered my question I think I just confused myself. Anyway thanks as always poppy.
    You're welcome. :)
Sign in or join us to comment.