.pip claim? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

.pip claim?

steve69
steve69 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Falling apart ...i have a bulging sequestration and disc excrusion which is pressing on my nerves and hip arthritis.Difficult to walk some days.Is it worth claiming.I also take morphine and gabapentin for the pain.Thankyou

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @steve69 It isn't about what disabilities you have but how they affect you day to day and how much help you need. You can check out the PIP discriptors just search for them online and see if any apply to you. You would need 8 points for standard rate daily living or mobility and 12 points for advanced mobility but it's not easy to get. I'm sure others will be along to give you more advice.   
  • steve69
    Bit vague sorry.Some days unable to walk at all and just have to lay in bed and wife does everything really. Some days can do alot more and that is what is putting me off claiming.Thanks
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @steve69
    There is a PIP self test you can try here to see if you could be entitled to PIP and then there is lots of information about filling in your PIP forms here.
    But if you have any questions, you can ask away and hopefully someone here on the community can help.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve69
    Ok did the test and got 9 for the daily bit and 12 for the mobility. My question is on a good day I would not score in half of what I got on the test. Many thanks for the link Sam?
  • steve69
    Had my home assessment last week and she was very nice.Rang the dwp after one week..very keen.They had received the electric and paperwork.So I asked was I sucessfull and he said he couldn't tell me but the report looked good and he could send me a copy.Fingers crossed!!!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thanks for updating us @steve69, I'm glad you had a positive experience with your home assessment. Fingers crossed for your decision, let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve69
    Good assessment report with view to assess again in 18 months.Claim started Jan 2019,does this mean I will be reassessed in 6 months time? as I have read they do it a year before?Also said that my impairment was likely to be there after 18 months. Thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    steve69 said:
    Good assessment report with view to assess again in 18 months.Claim started Jan 2019,does this mean I will be reassessed in 6 months time? as I have read they do it a year before?Also said that my impairment was likely to be there after 18 months. Thanks
    If the report recommends an award (add the point recommendations up) Then the award should be for 2.5 years with review in 18 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve69
    Daily added to 8 and mobility 12. Like I say nice fingers crossed.ty for replys
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It sounds really positive @steve69. Hope the decision doesn't take too long. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve69
    Anyone have an idea how long they are taking at the minute to make decisions and do they down points to what the the health professionals have said.ty
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales to any decision, it all depends on backlog in your area. They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • steve69
    Okey dokey.Well my esa is in its 12th week with no sign of an assessment.Suppose that might take 6 months too?
  • poppy123456
    For your ESA then yes, it could take that long but if you're placed into the Support Group (LCWRA) then you'll be backdated the money to the 14th week of your claim. When i first claimed ESA my assessment took 11 months.
  • steve69
    Thanks for all the replies and help.Will let you know when things happen to let others know the times and processes.
  • steve69
    Update.Have received a letter dated 13/6 saying they have all the information to make a decision.Is this another delay tactic or will I have to wait alot longer.ty
  • poppy123456
    This is a standard letter they send and it can still be weeks before a decision is made. There's no timescales.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.