Mandatory Reconsideration wait time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Reconsideration wait time

CJ61
CJ61 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
From replies to a previous thread of mine I'm told the DWP have an unlimited time to respond to my  Mandatory Reconsideration request for PIPS. 
Please does anybody have an idea how long is usual as mine is now over 6 weeks.  I understand they don't usually alter their decision at this point but surely not replying to me is denying my chance to take it to appeal. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales, they can take as long as they want to. It's not denying you the chance to take it to appeal because you have 1 month from when the decision is made. I know it's frustrating having to wait but there's nothing more you can do until the decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CJ61
    Ok thank you for the reply. Its not just the frustration its feeling sick every day waiting for the postman. I can only liken it to what being a condemned woman must feel like. My nerves are shattered. Do you happen to know if this kind of wait is normal. I find it hard to distinguish between that and just being paranoid. I just cant face ringing them.
  • poppy123456
    No problem. Yes, the waiting time is normal because there's no timescales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • flounder35
    flounder35 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Hi, mine took 10 weeks in total, I phoned them 10 days ago and was told they were working on week 27th march forms x
  • poppy123456
    That will depend what area you're in because all areas are different.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    There is no timeframe. We waited two months to hear back from them. I sent several emails and made a number of phone calls. What area are you in?
  • CJ61
    I'm in East Sussex.  I'm so at sea with this I can't even research how to do an appeal. It's like I'm burying my head in the sand in the hope it will all be a bad dream
  • poppy123456
    CJ61 said:
     I can't even research how to do an appeal. It's like I'm burying my head in the sand in the hope it will all be a bad dream
    This may help. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/apply-to-tribunal/

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.