PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Mandatory Reconsideration wait time

CJ61CJ61 Member Posts: 57 Courageous
From replies to a previous thread of mine I'm told the DWP have an unlimited time to respond to my  Mandatory Reconsideration request for PIPS. 
Please does anybody have an idea how long is usual as mine is now over 6 weeks.  I understand they don't usually alter their decision at this point but surely not replying to me is denying my chance to take it to appeal. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales, they can take as long as they want to. It's not denying you the chance to take it to appeal because you have 1 month from when the decision is made. I know it's frustrating having to wait but there's nothing more you can do until the decision is made.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • CJ61CJ61 Member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Ok thank you for the reply. Its not just the frustration its feeling sick every day waiting for the postman. I can only liken it to what being a condemned woman must feel like. My nerves are shattered. Do you happen to know if this kind of wait is normal. I find it hard to distinguish between that and just being paranoid. I just cant face ringing them.
    No problem. Yes, the waiting time is normal because there's no timescales.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • flounder35flounder35 Member Posts: 23 Listener
    Hi, mine took 10 weeks in total, I phoned them 10 days ago and was told they were working on week 27th march forms x
    That will depend what area you're in because all areas are different.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    There is no timeframe. We waited two months to hear back from them. I sent several emails and made a number of phone calls. What area are you in?
  • CJ61CJ61 Member Posts: 57 Courageous
    I'm in East Sussex.  I'm so at sea with this I can't even research how to do an appeal. It's like I'm burying my head in the sand in the hope it will all be a bad dream
    CJ61 said:
     I can't even research how to do an appeal. It's like I'm burying my head in the sand in the hope it will all be a bad dream
    This may help. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/apply-to-tribunal/

Sign in or join us to comment.