Pip f2f assessment full of lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip f2f assessment full of lies

Options
luna1987
luna1987 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I had my PIP F2F assessment a couple of weeks ago and after having a lively discussion with someone last week I managed to get a copy of the report that Capita have submitted to the DWP before a decision  has been made on my award.

After looking at advice on forums like these and websites I made sure that I went into my assessment prepared, I wrote down all the little bits that I wanted to make sure the assessor knew about my condition (EUPD, Depression & Anxiety) as this is something that I'd seen recommended. My sister also came with me and she did a lot of the talking there as I was feeling anxious and stressed out. The report that the health assessor has made is basically saying that I'm totally ok, there is nothing at all wrong with me and he has not written anything down that we actually told him during the assessment. 

I have got a really bad feeling about the outcome from the official DM. Am I right in having this opinion?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Have you added up the points the points that may have been recommended in the report? These will be at the back of the report and have dots next to them. Compare then against the PIP descriptors.

They usually go with the report and it's rare for them to go against it. If there's no award recommended then once a decision is made you have 1 month to request the Mandatory reconsideration.

You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clivelate
    clivelate Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    hi yes you are, i had the same happen to me, the report i got from the female "nurse" was total rubbish, i wondered when i first saw it if it was my report,and maybe the DWP sent out another persons report, the only thing that was correct was my name and my national insurance number.

I suffer depression etc, and the report made it sound like i have no issues at all, the report even claimed i would stop and help people with directions if i was asked.

The good news is after i wote a very strong worded letter to ATOS and ripped holes in the report, they agreed to contact my GP who backed up all my claims.

I was award Pip, not  the rate i feel i should have got, but i took it, i didnt want this to drag on any longer.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
    Yeah, I had the same thing happen to me, the assessor is trying to make out that I don't have MH problems and twisted my original claim and lowered it to make it mainly about my physical health, yes I do have physical health problems but I have had way more treatment for my MH problems which were taken seriously the first time around. I'm just waiting for the decision letter before I make a complaint.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @luna1987 and a very warm welcome to the community! I'm really sorry the report isn't accurate, that must have been very hard to read. I do wish you the very best of luck, and if you don't get the outcome you had hoped for we will all be here to help and support you though the appeal process :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.