Pip - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Comments

• alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Yes when I reported the change of circumstances in February I filled in the appropriate form sent in all relevant information etc, then my gp asked for a home visit and got one on the 17th April. I only rang up as i did not hear from them and was told no report has been sent from assessor. So when I asked yourself for information and you said ring the healthcare department I did and that's when the gentleman said they decided on a paper Based assessment on the 18th April day after the assessment, which is why it's talking so long.
  • alisha22
    I will however not wait 2 weeks but ring tomorrow morning and get a second opinion as this don't sound right, I've not heard of a home assessment then also a paper Based assessment. This has made me so confused.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    The assessment report is written whether there's a face to face assessment or not. If there's no face to face assessment it's a paper based one and the assessment report is called PA3. If it's a face to face assessment then the report is called PA4. Both reports are written by the HCP, not DWP.

It has been known for assessment reports to go missing, maybe this is what happened to the first one? When you ring tomorrow tell them that you has a face to face assessment on 17th April at home... unless the face to face assessment was for ESA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisha22
    The f2f was for pip, ESA I'm in the support group this was for pip. I also have a feeling that something has happened and they are now doing a paper Based assessment. But its a little strange about the dates like i mentioned 17th April was the home visit and the next day according to the gentleman on the phone they decided on a paper Based. I have requested for the assessor report but if it's lost I don't see me getting anything.
  • alisha22
    Hello folks, I have just had a update from capita just now regarding my pip assessment. I already mentioned on here that I had my f2f on the 17th April at home, we did originally ask for a paper Based assessment. Well this was granted on the 17th April same day as my f2f so they said I should not have had to go through the f2f so that was cancelled which explains no report. So now they will be doing a paper Based assessment on myself but there is no time scale on this but are trying to push it quicker as it has already been 9 weeks or so. So now I fully understand what has happened but had to ring and ask myself.
  • alisha22
    Sorry just wanted to check if anyone had this also and would I require to send more eveidence, they already have 37 pages of eveidence including health professionals. Would they need to get in touch with doctors etc again or go by what they got already.
  • alisha22
    Oh ok , I listed my gp and my cpn. All the relevant information has been sent I think they should have sufficient evidence.
  • poppy123456
    I'm still confused, so they will disregard the face to face assessment report and do a paper based assessment, even though a face to face assessment was already completed? Hmm very odd.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @alisha22, I've never known it to happen before (although that doesn't mean it hasn't!) It seems very unfortunate that you had to go through a f2f assessment and then on the same day they decide you could have the paper-based assessment after all. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • alisha22
    Well I rang this morning as it was closed on Saturday (capita) and explained how confused I was about this, they kept apologising and said it's unfortunate u had to go through the f2f and it had been decided on same day ( but on Friday I was told the day after) that it had been decided on a paper Based assessment. The f2f was awful my 16 year old daughter was with me and she started asking my daughter questions about her and that she did not believe she was 16, we had to show id for her and she was a awful woman who talked over me and my daughter so just aswell they are disregarding the f2f.
  • alisha22
    Apparently the paper Based assessments have no time scale so could be anytime really.
  • alisha22
    Oh ok thanks for the info. I was told they will refer my case to the manager and try to push this ahead but not holding out as we do hear stories about the dwp. I just wished they had made the paper Based assessment before I had to endure the f2f. Does anyone know how successful or unsuccessful these paper Based assessments are.
  • alisha22
    Thanks so much. I had a change of circumstances and this is it. My mental health problems really got worse and medication changed so I put in the change of circumstances as the mental illness was put aside and not really looked at when u first applied for pip,so with advice given I put in the change of circumstances and will see where it goes. U feel mental health does not get recognised and feel we get pushed aside so now will see if they have taken notice.
  • alisha22
    Sorry can I ask how long yours took and was it paper Based.
  • poppy123456
    My daughter had a paper based assessment for her review. They contacted someone from the mental health team and wrote the report within a week of her file being sent to them. The report was honest and truthful and the DM went with the report.
  • alisha22
    Poppy can u ask who does the report.
  • alisha22
    Sorry poppy i meant who does the report. Sorry for bad spelling.
  • poppy123456
    The HCP.
  • alisha22
    Oh dear I'm sorry you felt like that, I know how it feels and in my community theres a stigma attached with mental health. My family have said it's a embarrassment knowing I have mental problems. So apart from my dad and daughter im on me own and feel I have to fight for my rights. Sometimes I do feel like giving up as it takes its toll but kind people on here keep me going.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Hi mine was also Paper Based PIP, from DLA indef award. 

Took 8 weeks in total after sending form back, I was on high mobility and low care under DLA.

Moved to PIP enhanced Mobility and enhanced Daily living awarded Ongoing 10 years then a light touch.

My PIP was done with Capita, and my report was spot on 100%

I also sent untold of evidence too.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.