I'm 56yrs old and had ESA stopped after an assessment. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm 56yrs old and had ESA stopped after an assessment.

2»

Comments

• debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Hi Tiffy
    Thank you for your lovely reply.
    I was in the tribunal hearing for 10 minutes.  I had won my appeal before i even walked into the room.  The amount of strong medical evidence I have from different consultants etc was enough to obliterate the DWP.  BUT, it took me over 7 months to accumulate all of my medical evidence.  The judge and doctor asked me just 3 questions and one of those was to confirm my name.  They saw what they needed to see by the physical and psychological state of me!  It is a total disgrace that people are being put through this torture and humiliation.  I am completely exhausted and because i have been fighting this nightmare since July last year, I now simply feel like collapsing! 
    To All you lovely people.....GET AS MUCH MEDICAL EVIDENCE AS YOU CAN :)
  • Tiffy1691
    Tiffy1691 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Great result. You just try and relax now. Let all that anxiety and frustration drain away. I can imagine the ordeal you've had but the battle is won now. Xx
  • debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    The panel Judge and Doctor were both genuinely kind, patient and understanding.  Just sounds like some of those Medical Assessors but the difference with the Tribunal Panel is that they are not going to stab you in the back once you have walked out of the room and write lies about you!  These Panels members have insight and know exactly what is going on with the DWP ar*e Holes!  I'm disappearing from the forum for a while, i need a break from this whole nightmare.  When i am refreshed and feel ready, i want to return to help other people who are going through what i experienced.  :)
  • pammal2019
    pammal2019 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I won both my ESA and Pip tribunals and had my money refunded, you would think that when you have degenerative conditions they would stop hounding you but they don't, I've just received another ESA questionnaire which will lead to another assessment, I have Osteoarthritis in both knees, both hips and my lumbar spine, also I have urge incontinence, anxiety and depression, everything seems to worsen with the stress this creates.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I won both my ESA and Pip tribunals and had my money refunded, you would think that when you have degenerative conditions they would stop hounding you but they don't, I've just received another ESA questionnaire which will lead to another assessment, I have Osteoarthritis in both knees, both hips and my lumbar spine, also I have urge incontinence, anxiety and depression, everything seems to worsen with the stress this creates.
    Hi,

Unfortunately, for ESA you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months. Knowing the reasons why you were placed into the group you were placed into will help you with the review, this way you can concentrate on those reasons why filling out the form.

Make sure you send evidence to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Also make sure that the form is returned no later than the date stated on the letter. Failure to return it on time could see you being found fit for work for failing to return the form. There's no extension of time for returning the ESA50 form.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    i know how you feel and also are sorry that it seems they hound the same ill people each and every time, seems they have made some rather large mistakes as there's more than a few in the news atm, one day they will get it right and not do or feel the need to do some many, but that doesn't stop your anguish either, so good luck for the future 
  • gerrys6
    gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
    Pammal2019
    i have osteoarthritis in both knees hands elbows shoulders and lipodeama and anxiety and depression I  live in dread of the time of year that my renewal comes its July !! And this year I’ll be getting my pip renewal at the same time so two f2f s coming up it makes my anxiety go through the roof the whole thing . 

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @gerrys6 Thank you for your post. Please can I ask do you have any one to support you through this?

I am one of the team of community champions. On the forum. Just concerned and wonder is there any one.

Who is helping you with your mental health. 

I know with the assessments been doing them a long time.  Have and do know it is finding some support to cope through every thing.

I myself have anxiety and depression myself.

If that means contacting mental health charities.  Something to consider.

Used this one last time.  

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.  Might be able to get help with floating support and help you with your mental health. Might be able also to help with your benefit situation. Usually do attend assessments.

I know some areas do not cover. Worth finding out.

Do accept clientele with other associated disabilities or conditions.

Please if you need anything else.  Information, guidance on assessments .  Any questions please ask .

Have a look on our website.  Plenty of support.

Wish you the best for a successful outcome.

Keep in touch.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pammal2019
    Thankyou all for your replies, poppy12345, I have sent them letters from my Rheumatologist and Gynaecologist 3 times, do they not keep this on record? I'm in the process of changing Doctors as I get no support from them and have had to go through both tribunals alone.
  • poppy123456
    Thankyou all for your replies, poppy12345, I have sent them letters from my Rheumatologist and Gynaecologist 3 times, do they not keep this on record? I'm in the process of changing Doctors as I get no support from them and have had to go through both tribunals alone.
    I wouldn't take a gamble on them using any previous evidence you sent because it may not happen. Did you keep copies of the evidence you previously sent? I always keep my evidence in a file, this way i've always got for the reviews.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pammal2019
    I have no more copies, I didn't think I'd have to go through this again, what more can I do to prove I'm not fit for work? I'm 58 years old, I've never been out of work until the pain became too much, my work has always been physically demanding, I have no qualifications for any kind of work that requires little physical effort.
  • poppy123456
    Unfortunately, only those that are placed into the severe conditions group are exempt from future assessments. Everyone else has to go through these reviews regularly.

They will assess your ability to do any type of work regardless of your qualifications. I don't know what group you're currently in but here's a link to the descriptors for both groups.

Substantial risk for both groups explained here. http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/making-exception

• pammal2019
    Thankyou poppy12345

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.