Applying for PIP stage 4 kidney failure and hospital/doctors records show NHS Neglect - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying for PIP stage 4 kidney failure and hospital/doctors records show NHS Neglect

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    You often wonder what? Sorry but i'm not understanding that comment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • melissahicking2019
    melissahicking2019 Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    edited June 2019
    You often wonder what? Sorry but i'm not understanding that comment.
    I was thinking about that ladys patronizing comment. 
  • braca
    braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
    Hello @mellissahicking2019 Can you tell me if you were diagnosed with Polycystic kidney disease ? I still can't get my head round that you are now at stage 4 end stage kidney failure and your kidney function is 4% and have not yet had Fistula inserted in place for preparation for dialysis, From what I have been made aware of is that Renal consultants would not let patients under their care go below 6% before starting dialysis and still maintain that stage 4 is between 30% and 15% . you can survive with only one working kidney as what happens when you receive donor transplant as your own existing kidneys have failed and can't function properly to remove waste from body...

As I said previously you will have problems such as constant tiredness  swollen ankles loss of appetite leg cramps light headedness from high blood pressure and all of theses plus more will affect you with daily living activities and mobility, So do apply for PIP but do remember know two people with same condition are affected the same, but do try and gather evidence from Renal consultants that will support your claim... good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.