received ESA report in full this morning, yes on a Bank holiday Monday - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

received ESA report in full this morning, yes on a Bank holiday Monday

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning @zakblood. I agree with the others here  your diagnosis is largely irrelevant. It may alter your medical treatment and mean a different outlook for the future. However, your ability to work won't have changed.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    @zakblood am i right in thinking that i read you said that you won't be paid assessment rate while waiting for the Tribunal? If, so then i'm assuming you're claiming contributions based?

Have you ever spent any time in the WRAG since you transferred from IB?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    i was transferred and went straight into the support group from IB, so no never been in the WRAG part, and as i only failed one before, but that was 2012 and got it over turned at Tribunal, i would guess as soon as the MR on the 1st of July says no and keeps the same decision, which is what they seem to do with almost everyone, i then process to Tribunal, and back on being paid, or was last time? as atm, i've haven't had anything now for 62 days straight, so are living off my partners earnings only, with our joint small saving almost gone.

if that's what your asking, and regards to ability to work, short term no, long term yes, as in 2 to 3 years if the physio goes well and my muscles strengthen enough to not give me the acute pain i'm in atm, and without the heart ache i'm having now and the extra tablets from it, i can't see any reasons apart from my age and no work history for 20 years keeping me from working once the physio's been done, hopefully fingers crossed that is, can't say i'd be going back into the building trade at my age, but a somewhat easier job i'd hope i'd be more than capable of.
  • zakblood
    edited June 2019
    reading the letter it says i was on ESA and the support rate allowance, which together added up to £428.20 per month, saying i was on £500+ a week 20+ years a go, was a massive drop, but over time you manage and adapt, but now one day at work and support would net me about the same, so tbh it's something i've got to decide, as long term in the end, i will be back at work, if it's now or later doesn't matter to me, the money isn't enough to worry about, the stress is killing me and my relationship and i'm worried more about my ability to do one day and cope, than the lack of money i have, don't wish to do something and fail and not only be worse off health wise, but back where i started 20 years ago, as that killed my marriage with health issues, mood swings and generally not being well enough and strong enough mentally to cope, so my future health and my relationship is certainly my main focus atm, so will get some more guidance in the next few weeks and then once i start physio see what happens and then see if it's even worth trying to do Tribunal or not, as tbh i've come about as far as i want to be pushed mentally, and won't have a break down for a pittance of money just to make me correct and think i have a right for it, i'd prefer to stop and find something and see how i cope and tell them all to just get stuffed tbh, you all know how it is, they just haven't got a clue, the system is made for most to fail, and those who do, they care less about, and i really do feel sorry for everyone in the same boat, i've been here before and know what it's like, but im drained and lower than i've ever been before, and no longer stronger enough to fight, it just isn't worth it for me, i'm not on enough to warrant a hard fight and loose now what is more important to me,  my relationship, my dignity, my honesty and my integrity, i can prove without even doing very little how wrong my assessment is, everyone has already told me on the law side let alone the medical side how wrong it was, but in the end, it's me again against them, and can still remember last time  all those years ago in 2012, winning and then no one saying sorry we made a mistake, sorry for the extra stress and heart ache we put you through and sorry for you troubles for the many errors and mistakes we made, nothing, not one thing, i still had to fight ever after i'd won, as they just sat and did nothing, without my strength and support at the time to keep phoning and asking and reminding them i'd won and they lost, i still wouldn't have got anything back, you get sent a letter saying your in a support group, then quietly forgotten, until 4 years later until re assessed, which was passed with flying colors and had recorded, still have the recording and when feeling low, play it back and remind myself how i was at a given moment in time, and wonder where's that strength gone, i've been ground down, forgotten and left out and now just hate the system as a whole and feel really sorry for anyone who has to use it, fight it and be dealt such a poor hand and one sided deck, just to fit in
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2019
    zakblood said:
    i was transferred and went straight into the support group from IB, so no never been in the WRAG part, and as i only failed one before, but that was 2012 and got it over turned at Tribunal,
    Sorry i'm still confused. When you were found fit for work before was that when you were claiming ESA or IB? if it wasn't when you were claiming ESA and you've always been in the Support Group then you'll be paid assessment rate for 12 months. The time when you were on IB doesn't count for this.

You'll also need fit notes from your GP to be able to claim assessment rate, backdated to the date your money stopped.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • zakblood
    i was then on IB at the time of the last failed assessment back in 2012, this time i failed back in April i was still on ESA Support Group, and had a pass between them both and didn't know about the fit note needed, as never have one n 20 years, so will go and get one if needed, will see what the MR says first in July, then with more advice reply back
  • poppy123456
    Then you'll be paid assessment rate of £73.10 per week for 1 year, if you decide to go through with the Tribunal. Do let us know the outcome of the MR and what you decide to do if that fails.
  • zakblood
    thanks will do, anything would be better than the £0 i have now, so just something else to thing on, medical first for me and some more understanding on if or how long they think and will they put it in writing first, then onto the money side after, then will make my my up after my 52nd birthday, as parents have paid for us to get away to try and for get it for a few days, then will see what happens when come back with hopefully a fresh mind, relaxed and hopefully less stressed
  • zakblood
    seems they decided early as had the MR reply this morning in the post dated the 19th and arrived on the 22nd of June, and agreed with previous decision and said 0 points, 5 pages of notes, saying basically what ever i did or say, they care less, as there so called expert is trained in what ever bla bla bla, seems no matter how many errors they make, they also don't care, so will now think on it, as tbh i'm worn out
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear that. Most MR decisions are just a copy and paste from the original decision. I do hope you decide to go ahead with the Tribunal, do let us know what you decide to do. You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Tribunal. If you do go outside of that time frame then with good reason of course you have 13 months.
  • zakblood
    thanks poppy for the reply, i'm thinking long and hard on this one, not sure i wish for a year or so of the stress, but thanks for all the posts and replies all the same
  • zakblood
    filled in the online tribunal form, so it seems the process is ongoing, already had a reply they have received it, so at least it didn't get lost, but yes it also timed out 4 times, and it says it will after 20 mins of not doing anything, and for me, that was around the 10 to 12 min mark 4 times in a row, so as always have you information handy and backed up so you can just copy paste it in to the right box etc, good luck everyone who's with me
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hello @zakblood, I'm sorry the MR didn't go your way, but at least you're not waiting for that result any more and while disheartening, I think you probably expected the decision. Sadly the decision stays the same with the majority of MRs. 
    That said, I'm glad you've decided to go to tribunal. Please make sure to keep us updated on your progress.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    yes will do, also gone down the route of getting a work experience just in case and have started sending out CV, seems i'm a dinosaur now days in the jobs market but fingers crossed, either way, something will turn up, either the Tribunal will say something or i'll have a job by then and won't need it, but physio is going well, first session done, feeling better mentally, physically still a bit drained, but thanks for the kind words all the same, either way i'll keep trying, not saying i can do a job, might try and fail big time, then at least i'll know,...
  • zakblood
    edited June 2019
    well a phone interview already and a interview at a place to day at 3pm, CV sent and accepted, so it's at place for the disabled, they were very understanding on my 20 years with no work history, age wasn't against me, seems i have the skills and know how for what they require, so at least i get the experience of a interview even if i don't get the job, either way it's a bonus so looking forward to it, got my Tribunal papers though the door this morning, so that's on track, seems everything is at last moving in the right direction, one way or another, i'll survive and as always thanks everyone, it's nice to know your not a lone at times
  • zakblood
    interview went well, 30 mins maths and english test first, then 30 mins quick fire questions on my knowledge, really did for like a dinosaur mind you, girls before me could have been my daughter lol, but at least i did the maths in my head, where as she did her's on her phone, they will get back to me with feedback and let me know if i have it in the next few weeks  
  • poppy123456
    Good luck!!
  • zakblood
    thanks, seeing what's out there, and then seeing what i can or can't do, keeping all options open, as they can't complain about me not trying and looking
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @zakblood, that all sounds very promising. Have they said when they'll let you know? Good luck! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    yes either way they say there going to contact and give me feedback, and since i posted that, i have had two more interviews booked, so seems there's a shortage where i am for workers, and none so far has said my age or past 20 years of not working is against me, so fingers crossed, i hear something one way or the other, and way before i hear back from physio, as there supposed to be contacting me for same dates to start my long term physio to rebuild my muscles back up to full strength, at this rate i'll be either working or in Tribunal before they reply with dates

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.