Delayed PIP claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Delayed PIP claim

Jetsmum
Jetsmum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
i applied for PIP in March, my forms were "delayed" in being sent out, received April, had assessment May 20.   Not heard anything since.  Asked MP case worker to check two weeks ago, told it was with  case manager.  Going into my 4th month, is this usual without any settlements?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

4 months really isn't that long, some people are waiting double that time. It really depends on backlog in your area.

If you live in the UK ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @jetsmum - I imagine things will vary depending on who did the assessment and where you lived..

I had mine last year and it took just under 5 months - from the date of claim until I received the decision....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I had my assessment April 4th, still waiting. When I first applied I waited 7 months in total (from start to finish) and this time it's been 6 months so far.
  • Jetsmum
    Jetsmum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Phoned this am.  Told de is ion made, I will get letter next week, lowest rate for daily living and nothing for mobility, despite fact I have blue badge and to,d them that.  Is it worth asking for review once I get my notification letter and copy of assessment report?  Are reviews ever successful?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If you think that you fit the criteria for a higher  award then you should ask for an MR when you receive your decision letter.
    You should do so in writing, State the descriptors that you disagree with and why. Give 2-3 examples of what happens when you attempt each activity.
    Only around 18% are successful so be prepared to go to tribunal where, if you attend, the success rate is around 71%
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Having a blue badge doesn't mean you're entitled to the mobility part of PIP. If you're not happy with the decision they you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR). You should put your request in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should request a copy of the assessment report.

Do be aware that they will look at the whole award again when you do request the MR. Most MR decisions remain the same and most people have to take it to Tribunal.

No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risk to your current award by requesting the MR. You should get some face to face advice from welfare rights, a law centre or CAB near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.