PIP Award — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Award

sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
I returned my review form for for PIP on 10 January. I had my f2f or rather interrogation the end April and I received a text on 2nd May saying that the written report was with the DWP and I would hear about my award in 6-8 weeks (as a guide).
 I still haven’t heard anything and have been trying to phone but not been able to get through as of yet. Today I have checked my bank account and have found that my last payment of PIP was 19th April, I received nothing in May. Does this mean that I probably haven’t been awarded anything? I will be chasing again tomorrow and requesting a MR 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

That means you've not received the last 2 payments. Are you sure you haven't received anything since April? If so then yes, your only option is to ring and ask if a decision's been made and why you haven't received payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you requested a copy of the assessment report? If you can please phone the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report then you can see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter. On receiving the report if not what you expect then you will have time to prepare for an MR focusing on the descriptors you are contesting as you think you should have been awarded points giving several examples of what happened the last, recent times you attempted or tried to preform the descriptors being contested. 
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    yes I’m sure in haven’t received a payment since April. I am puzzled as they only received my written report on 2nd May and they said I would hear from them regarding their decision in 6/8 weeks. I’ve been expecting a letter every day for a few weeks but have received nothing. I have been trying to phone them but give up after waiting over an hour each time. I will try again tomorrow.
  • sheZZa
    @wilko
    i haven’t requested a copy of the report yet but have been trying to. I’ve phoned several times but have put the phone down after waiting over an hour. I will phone again tomorrow and request a copy of the report. 
  • poppy123456
    Were you previously awarded by the Tribunal or DWP? If it was the Tribunal then awards for there have end dates, so if a decision isn't made by that date then your payments will stop. If you're awarded then your payments will be backdated to the date they stopped.

If you weren't awarded by a Tribunal then the only way to find out is to ring. Try ringing as soon as they open, for me this is always the best time to ring. Good luck and do let us know what you find out.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    i have checked my bank statement again and have had one payment from DWP GP FP LP FUNDI in May and one in June for half the amount of PIP that I usually get. My pip payment on my bank statement is usually from DWP PIP. Have you idea what this is at all? 
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2019
    Half the amount of PIP you usually receive sounds like a decision may have been made but you haven't yet received the letter. When did you receive that half payment, was it recently?

Hopefully they'll tell you what's going on when you ring tomorrow.
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    My bank statement says as follows:
    1st and 29th April PIP.
    29th May DWP GP FP LP FUNDI but no payment 
    and underneath DWP JSA with payment 
    29th May FP LO FUNDI with payment but ESA also being paid twice.
     I do agree with you regarding PIP but am just wondering what FP LO FUNDI means.
     I will phone first thing tomorrow morning.
  • poppy123456
    FP is fast payment but no idea about the rest.
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    i think it is to do with esa and not pip. I will phone both tomorrow as I have no idea as to why I would receive more esa than I currently am. Very puzzling.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Let us know what they say when you call them today @sheZZa. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    @wilko
    @Adrian_Scope
    i phoned yesterday and spoke to a lovely lady. My award letter has not been sent yet so she is arranging to have it sent out asap. She said I hadn’t received a payment in May and this was because payments are stopped whilst the case manager decides on your award to ensure that you don’t have an overpayment which you would have to pay back if your award was lower than you currently receive.
    She then said that she would release the payment for May. The figure she quoted was the same as my current award which is higher Disability and carer’s allowance. She did not know what the FT GB FUNDI Benefit was. I tried phone ESA but couldn’t get through so I’ll try again today. 
  • poppy123456
    That doesn't sound correct to me sorry. Has a decision been made yet? Usually when a decision's been made they send out the decision letter. If that hasn't been sent then no decision could have been made.

They don't stop your PIP payments before a decision is made unless your award has ended.

higher disability and carers allowance? That's not part of PIP, that's ESA.
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    I don’t know if a decision has been made. The way the lady spoke it sounded as though it had and they’d not sent my letter. When I told her that the text that I’d received said I would get a letter re: award in six weeks and now it was 8 weeks and I still haven’t heard anything  she said that she would get the award letter sent out because I hadn’t received it. It sounded as though the decision had been made but they hadn’t sent me the letter. She also said all payments were stopped when the case manager received a report until a decision was made so that  you wasn’t overpaid if you failed to be awarded anything, that way you wouldn’t have to pay any over payment back. She said she would re-open my account and I was owed May’s payment and she would arrange to have that paid into my bank account and spoke as if my award was continuing. I will just have to wait and see. I hope my letter arrives soon. 

I meant higher mobility and that the FB GB FUNDI May have been backdated carer’s allowance but who knows!! 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Umm, I don't know, I've never heard of them stopping your payments like that and they say 6 weeks but I've been waiting for 9 weeks so far since I got the text/letter to say they had enough info. I'm not sure the woman gave you the right info? Also, I'm sure I've seen Poppy and others state that your PIP is paid in arrears so I'm not sure how you would have an over payment? I'm still getting my money atm.

I don't know, I'm just going off what others have said on the forums, Poppy or someone else should be able to give you the correct info :)

In regards to PIP, there's either standard or enhanced.

Hope you're doing ok Shezza :)
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2019
    PIP payments never stop while a decision is made, unless your award has actually ended. The information that was given is definitely not correct.

I also believe that you're claiming ESA so carers allowance isn't backdated, it's deducted £1 for £1 for your ESA payments. Carers premium is backdated.

Seems like the person you spoke to didn't really have a clue what they were talking about.

There's no timescales for decisions, they tell everyone 6 weeks.
  • sheZZa
    @WF2K
    I get pip at enhanced rate for both.  
    The lady seemed to imply that my award letter was sent out but I haven’t received it. It’s all very confusing and stressful and it’s starting to affect my mental health again. 
  • sheZZa
    Type your comment
    @poppy123456
    i do receive esa but not carer’s allowance as I’ve never claimed it. Goodness knows what this fast track payment is for. 

I’ve not been to tribunal. My award was from when I first claimed and was for five years. I will phone again. I don’t think the award would have ended in May as they seem to take so long to decide what it would be and the Cm only received my assessment report on 2nd May but who knows! I will phone again.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    @sheZZa I know that feeling! *hugs* feel free to pm me if you need to talk or anything.
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    @wilko
    @WF2k
    I phoned again this morning and spoke to someone who knew what they were talking about. My award was decided two weeks ago but they had not sent the letter. I have been awarded Standard Rate for both. Without me saying anything the chap asked me if I would like it looked at again. I replied yes please and he filled a form in straight away (his suggestion) saying it would start the ball rolling. He told me that another case manager will look at all the evidence and that the award could go either way. He said that he would request that my award letter is sent asap. He is also going to send me a copy of the assessment report. I was very upset this morning but have calmed down now. I am going to wait until I receive the report before I decide whether or not to complain about the assessor. My review claim has been a shambles from the start starting with a lady from the DWP coming to help me to complete the form. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.