PIP Assessor help please - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessor help please

2»

Comments

• babyjack1
    babyjack1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Sorry to keep posting, as you all know I got declined PIP because of the lying assessor, done MR still nothing got the Tribunal letters through today response from PIP and I was just wondering if I made a new claim for PIP ( as the DWP case manager told me to ) Will I have chances of seeing the same assessor? That’s something I do not want to do. Didn’t know if there was a policy or not allowing same assessor twice? 

Also has anyone else done this? Drop a claim and make a new one if so what was the outcome. Thanks
    hi i was advised that if my husband was to put in a new claim .he can still go ahead with the appeal .someone might be able to confirm this good luck what ever you decide to do 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    babyjack1 said:

hi i was advised that if my husband was to put in a new claim .he can still go ahead with the appeal .someone might be able to confirm this good luck what ever you decide to do 
    Hi,

Yes, that's correct but as has already been advised here, if you start a new claim any decision made on that will overrule the Tribunal decision. If the Tribunal wen in your favour you will only receive backdated money up until the date you started your new claim.

Starting a new claim when you've just been refused isn't the answer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    @Pipquestions2 The same thing has happened to me recently, I was awarded PIP mainly based on my mental health with 8 points for moving around in 2014 (enhanced for both), it was acknowledged that I have mental health problems and struggle with them often, the assessor understood that me getting better would be a long process because I no longer receive treatment as none of it worked, recommended my award being looked at in 5 years. fast forward to April 2019, I had a review assessment, nothing has changed apart from me being diagnosed with FM, the assessor I had seems to have twisted it so it's now about my physical health, has dropped me from 18 points in each to 8 points in each, he has contradicted himself and there are a lot of discrepancies in the report, if the DM goes with his report I will be over £300 down pm but honestly, it's more about the fact that he's trying to say I don't have MH problems when there is evidence, he even said there was nothing in the HOC but when you look at the HOC it states what I have and the fact I've been diagnosed by a psychiatrist.. so really he's pretty much calling me, my Son (who helped me explain things to the assessor), the previous assessor, my previous GP and a psychiatrist, liars which is what's really annoyed me the most. 

@mercedesbd sorry it seems to be stressing you out, if you need to talk feel free to pm me, keep fighting though, don't let them grind you down. I know it's easier said than done, I've not been well since I read my report, I'm still waiting for the decision letter.
  • Pipquestions2
    Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    WF2k said:
    @Pipquestions2 The same thing has happened to me recently, I was awarded PIP mainly based on my mental health with 8 points for moving around in 2014 (enhanced for both), it was acknowledged that I have mental health problems and struggle with them often, the assessor understood that me getting better would be a long process because I no longer receive treatment as none of it worked, recommended my award being looked at in 5 years. fast forward to April 2019, I had a review assessment, nothing has changed apart from me being diagnosed with FM, the assessor I had seems to have twisted it so it's now about my physical health, has dropped me from 18 points in each to 8 points in each, he has contradicted himself and there are a lot of discrepancies in the report, if the DM goes with his report I will be over £300 down pm but honestly, it's more about the fact that he's trying to say I don't have MH problems when there is evidence, he even said there was nothing in the HOC but when you look at the HOC it states what I have and the fact I've been diagnosed by a psychiatrist.. so really he's pretty much calling me, my Son (who helped me explain things to the assessor), the previous assessor, my previous GP and a psychiatrist, liars which is what's really annoyed me the most. 

@mercedesbd sorry it seems to be stressing you out, if you need to talk feel free to pm me, keep fighting though, don't let them grind you down. I know it's easier said than done, I've not been well since I read my report, I'm still waiting for the decision letter.
    They will correct it at tribunal don't worry 

My assessor, I guess, didn't so much as lie, but was more twisting the facts to be focused on my physical problems . His report repeated statements like "the claimant has trouble with x, but there are no physical restrictions. 0 points" many times despite never claiming my problems were physical. 

It's something I've noticed a lot from reading this forum - people with physical problems tend to have an easier time with it whereas if your problems are mental there's a high chance you have to go to tribunal 
  • [Deleted User]
    Yeah, it's not fair though, it makes our mental health worse. 

I forgot to say that the assessment was actually recorded with permission from Capita, people think it deters them from making "discrepancies" but it obviously doesn't. 
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    babyjack1 said:
    Sorry to keep posting, as you all know I got declined PIP because of the lying assessor, done MR still nothing got the Tribunal letters through today response from PIP and I was just wondering if I made a new claim for PIP ( as the DWP case manager told me to ) Will I have chances of seeing the same assessor? That’s something I do not want to do. Didn’t know if there was a policy or not allowing same assessor twice? 

Also has anyone else done this? Drop a claim and make a new one if so what was the outcome. Thanks
    Where are you based? As times are long for appeal
  • mercedesbd
    WF2k said:

Have you still not got a reply?? That’s disgusting I’ve got my MR notice and appeal notice and you still haven’t got a reply.  Well what they say no new is good news maybe there not taking on the HCP report and making there own conclusions
  • [Deleted User]
    @mercedesbd Yeap, still waiting! 9 weeks on Thursday.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Sorry you're still waiting @WF2k! Hopefully it won't be too much longer. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019
    @Adrian_Scope thanks.

I've JUST received another letter, same as the one before saying they've now gotten all of my information, they sent one at the beginning of May.. is that normal for them two send two of the same letter? I wonder if I'll be waiting longer lol.
  • mercedesbd
    WF2k said:
    @Adrian_Scope thanks.

I've JUST received another letter, same as the one before saying they've now gotten all of my information, they sent one at the beginning of May.. is that normal for them two send two of the same letter? I wonder if I'll be waiting longer lol.
    Maybe they sent the report back for audit? Better for you 
  • [Deleted User]
    Who knows, it's triggered my anxiety, I worry about everything though.
  • drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    edited June 2019
    Good luck WF2k hopefully it won’t be long for you. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @WF2k. I'd purely be speculating if I gave any opinion on why this might be. These letters are usually automated though so don't worry too much (easier said than done, I know!)
    I really hope you hear something soon, the waiting is really difficult. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    Thank you @drewdundee and @Adrian_Scope

It looks like my award will be dropped to standard with a lot of people saying they go with the assessors report, but I still worry that I won't get anything, I then need to decide if I want to risk doing an MR if I am awarded standard or not and see what Welfare Rights advise, they are going to get a complaint either way, regardless if they take it seriously or not (they being Capita).

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.