2 questions? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2 questions?

Options
jackH
jackH Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi
I need to change my bank details over the phone is that allowed for ESA and anyone know if it'll affect my next payment on the 2nd or will it go in time?

My biggest concern is that I've not had an interview with them for a few years as not been well and the last thing I want to do is trigger their interest in me by flagging me on the system by changing details, is this likely??

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

1/ Whether it will affect your next payment will depend on when you're due to receive it. If you've only recently received a payment then changing details now should be fine. Yes, you can do this over the phone. Going through security will prove it's you.

2/ After you changed your details, if you do receive a work capability assessment form then it will be pure coincidence but as you haven't been assessed for a few years then you could be due anytime now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jackH
    jackH Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi,

1/ Whether it will affect your next payment will depend on when you're due to receive it. If you've only recently received a payment then changing details now should be fine. Yes, you can do this over the phone. Going through security will prove it's you.

2/ After you changed your details, if you do receive a work capability assessment form then it will be pure coincidence but as you haven't been assessed for a few years then you could be due anytime now.
    It's due on the 2nd the next payment is that enough time to change

Thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, that should be fine providing you ring tomorrow morning.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes but do contact them tomorrow morning. 
  • maggieomx
    maggieomx Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    Options
    Iv changed my bank 2 timesand had no problems with my payments going in my new account .
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @jackH and welcome to the community. 
    I hope our members have been able to reassure you that updating your bank details shouldn't have any impact on your payments. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.