hi all - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hi all

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RainbowJo

No probs it’s my Pleasure ??

Yes I’m very very happy in pointing you in the right direction.

Is it just “Adult Social Care” that I can help you with???

Please please let me know how you feel??

@steve51

• steve51
    Hi @RainbowJo

Good Morning!!!!!!

I have found some info for you below on “Adult Social Care”

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/introduction-to-social-care/

Please let me know if you have any problems as there’s more to come if required????

@steve51
  • RainbowJo
    RainbowJo Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    @steve51

thanks for the link. im beyond all that iv had carers for 3 years. im suffering according to a solicitor (we cant find one to take my case on) emotional abuse. emotional abuse and neglect. and organisational abuse. by my carer agency manager and my social worker. 

iv tried complaining. i got what i have now out of my original complaint. so was told go to the ombusman. they wont help cos i cant put it all in a coherant letter or chronological order as iv memory issues. they wont take a full complaint over the phone. 

it just annoys me. if it were physical abuse there would be someone to step in and say no contact till a full investigation is carried out. new social worker would be put in place. but as it is nothing and the very people im complaining about r looking into the complaint. its all wrong. if u feel ur suffering any form of abuse there should be somewhere to turn who would step in. not just for physical. cos thats like saying u dont deserve or ur not going to get help until someone hits u or simular. 

abuse is abuse should matter if its physical or not. just glad im in hospital away from it all for a bit. but the hospital r talking to my social worker today. im guessing they will be telling her i can go home. dispite the agony walking is causing me. 
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    sorry to hear your problems and many thanks for sharing, we have two care homes near where i live, both have such problems keeping staff, seems no one lasts more than a few months, seems management only care about money, not the people in side and certainly not those who work there, i talk most days with some people from the 2 centers who stand out side my house waiting for the bus, kind of makes me sad that we still haven't got a proper system for care in the community where everyone can feel at home, and fell safe and happy
  • RainbowJo
    @zakblood thank u for the welcome. 

i was in a care home for 4 months when i made my first complaint. it was no fun. the staff were like best buds so if u upset one u upset a few. and cos im not a yes person i upset a few lol. i now have care at home but i dont know how long for lol. 
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    you shouldn't have to complain, the systems put in place should be there to make you happy and make you feel at home, not other wise, so you have a right to complain when things don't go on how they should, this seems to be what's happening around the corner at both places near me, no one is happy, staff or the people who are there in care, and it's sad, that someone down the line are making money out of others suffering, as you should be happy and feel secure, not saying you will get on with everyone in life either, as some people aren't so nice, but i try to be the same with everyone, but don't always get the same response back, there loss, take care and hope it all gets better for you 
  • RainbowJo
    @zakblood ur right. people do profit off it too. 

i get on with anyone pretty much but not bullies. im honest too my social worker is well aware i dont like her or find here easy to talk too. 

and thank u. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @RainbowJo and a belated welcome to the community. :)

I'm very sorry to read about the problems you've had with your carers and then the difficulty you've had in filing a complaint with the ombudsman.  
    seAp may be of use and could possibly help advocate for you, they say: "We provide independent advocacy services to help resolve issues or concerns you may have about your health and wellbeing or your health and social care services."

You can get in touch via their website, by calling them on 0330 440 9000 or by texting SEAP to 80800.

As an aside, your pen sketch of Lily is brilliant, did it take you very long?

Community Manager
    Scope
  • RainbowJo
    @Adrian_Scope thank for the info will look into it. much apreciated. 

thank u for the welcome. the sketch is about A5 and took around an hour. 
  • RainbowJo
    @Adrian_Scope i just sent an email. but when i was looking about after it asked me to chose my local althority and mine was not on the list. looks like they cover the south regions of the county only. ill wait and see what they say. thanks anyway. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm sorry to hear that @RainbowJo. Let me know what they say and if they're unable to help, we'll try and find something else to signpost you towards.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    Hi @RainbowJo

I’m very very sorry to hear that you are still having big problems.

Please please let me know how you get on with your email.

I am very very happy in helping you further if required.

@steve51

• lostpuppy42
    lostpuppy42 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    just a high and welcome these guys will steer you right and the skills are very good
  • RainbowJo
    @lostpuppy42 hi and thank u. 

@Adrian_Scope and @steve51 thanks. unfortunately they did not even respond to my email. it says within one working day. its been 2. lol story of my life lol. 

the mental health leason team r ment to be coming to see me as everything has been getting to me. but they have supported to have been coming today or tomorrow for over a week now. go figger. lol. ?

• Adrian74
    Adrian74 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @RainbowJo Sorry to hear of your problems and issues.

I know from reading you had many difficulties.

I use an organisation called RETHINK.  Have a look on the web for details.

There are an advocate service for members of our community. Having problems with mental health services, their care anything else to appointments.

I used them because they speak on your behalf.  Often meet up with you before hand and discuss what is needed  to say.

Hope that helps you. 

Please can I ask hope you coping in hospital.  Sorry to hear also about the food. No one likes to hear this.  Have you contacted or spoken to any one like PALS . Patient Liaison services .  No one should be suffering.

Always supportive .

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RainbowJo,
    Glad you are feeling a bit better.  I hope your day has been fine so far.  I have ordered a Diamond Painting kit from Amazon and am currently waiting on it arriving so thanks for letting me know about it.  I will let you know how I get on with it.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    Hi @RainbowJo

I am very very sorry for the delay in getting back to you!!!!!!

I’m in the process of going through my “PIP”

They have sent me there report/response of my home face to face.

The report is some one else’s to be honest!!!!!

Please please take my full “apologies”

@steve51
  • RainbowJo
    hi all. no appoligies needed sep for me taking for ever to get back to u. 

im on a new ward now and it is nicer. i need to walk 10 meters several times a day to go home but i think they will soon drop that as they r hoping the end of the week. 

there in comes my next problem. had my meeting with social worker and carer agancy manager. and my sister. it was not a meeting it was them lecturing us on what they had decided before hand while making us wait 30 minutes. the manager said i could not change carer cos i dont like them. iv since pointed out to her where on her own site it clearly says that i can. so now she is saying u can but iv no one to replace her with and dont for the foreseeable future. wich is totally different. i really want to call her out on it. or tell my social worker i dont want them anymore. but i know she will say we only have to provide a service not one u like wich is pretty much what she said before. so i feel like its a u have them or no one situation. 

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RainbowJo.  How are you feeling?  I'm glad that your new ward is nicer and I hope you get home soon.  Sorry to hear that your meeting wasn't good with the social worker and carer agency and hope you get things sorted.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness