SDP on Universal Credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP on Universal Credit

DK30
DK30 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited June 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello. Just an update from me on my previous post from last year.
Is it true disabled people already on UC and who lost the SDP because of a natural migration. Will soon be getting sdp payments and backdated payments.

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-8494#fullreport

On 16 January 2019, regulations came into force preventing people in receipt of benefits including a Severe Disability Premium from moving onto Universal Credit until the final managed migration stage, when they can receive transitional protection. People who have already moved to UC and lost their SDP are to receive additional payments – both backdated and on an ongoing basis – although these may not fully compensate individuals for the amounts lost. Draft regulations providing for these “SDP transitional payments” are currently before Parliament.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,934 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes but there's been no further announcements for when this will actually happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DK30
    DK30 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    edited June 2019
    Ah thankyou once again @poppy123456. Well it's good news and hopefully they will follow it though soon.  Oh and is it also to be backdated to the date we started receiving  UC. I know it said it would be backdated. I just wasn't sure how far back this was for.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.