Getting a UC50 - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting a UC50

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    MariaR said:
    I got this one in feb......... note the sentence; "This is because Limited capability .......... at the top.
    This means you should already be receiving the LCWRA element of £336 per month on top of the standard allowance of £317 per month. Please have a look at your UC journal and tell us exactly what you're receiving each month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MariaR
    MariaR Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    can anyone understand this? am I being given the run around? being deliberately confused? just, basically, lied to? I am lost and fed up and, YES, confused! All my hosp apts and operations and another to come; all for nothing? MUSH DOWN THE MINE WITH YER! to hell with your health! yer faking it! I wrote this in my Journal. Rocking the boat, hey? 
  • MariaR
    Poppy, I've got this since Nov., '17.  
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry but i'm totally confused now. You may have no option but to go to a local advice centre near you and show them everything and they will give you the advice you need. Sometimes it's extremely difficult to give the correct advice on an internet forum.

This link will help you find what's available in your local area for some face to face advice. https://advicelocal.uk/ Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @MariaR.

I can certainly understand your frustration. From what you've shared here, you should be in the Limited Capacity for Work and Work Related Activities Group (LCWRA) which would pay you an extra £336 a month. 

Did you receive the additional money that was mentioned in the letter? 

From my understanding of what you've posted, they owed it to you as they hadn't placed you into the correct group on Universal Credit. You were then found fit for work, but have since won that tribunal (in May 2018). Have you been reassessed under Universal Credit? If not, you should still be classed as having LCWRA, and from your screenshots of your award, this is not on your claim.

You do not need a UC50 and should not have been asked to hand in fit notes. You need to request that the decision for your ESA be transferred over to your Universal Credit claim and the backdated money paid to you. 

They can decide to reassess you at any time (so although your award was for 24 months, they can reassess you sooner) but they should have been paying you this additional money all along. 

I would strongly recommend you take @poppy123456's advice and try and get CAB or another face to face advice agency to help you with this though.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • MariaR
    Adrian, I've received no other money since then, on January 23rd, the 710 amount. Who do I need to ask about my ESA decision be transferred to my UC claim? Nobody in the JCP has told me anything., not my work coach or my case manager. Only that I need a UC50 form. 
  • poppy123456
    You need to contact and ESA case manager and ask them to send a MPG1 form to UC so that your ESA award can be transferred across.

Do be aware though that the 24 month recommendation from the Tribunal is just a guide and you can be re-assess at anytime, If you do receive another work capability assessment form then you will need to fill this in and return it by the date stated and then the process starts again.
  • MariaR
    ok, Poppy. but, who is my ESA case manager? is this the same as my case manager in my UC journal, or someone separate, different altogether? 
  • MariaR
    Hart86,  Blimey! the stuff I've learned today! I've taken a screenshot of your little "letter" and will get it done. Thank you!.
  • poppy123456
    @Hart86 thanks very much for your help, much appreciated!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.