ESA - how long? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA - how long?

Kellywoolman
Kellywoolman Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I'm in need of some advise... I was diagnosed with endometriosis I have battled really bad with this condition the past sixteen months. I had to give up my  career in mental heath a job I loved and was very gd at.  walking away from my what was my whole life since losing my mum my ecaspe rount. leaving my 18  residents and 23 workers behide destroyed me as a person, never mind living with a condition I don't want to have. With me struggling to come to terms that me a person that has always worked why looking after others my mum due to battling the big c? my sisters and my son who has his own mental. Working 56 hours a weeks running two houses!!! then bang some days I can't even walk, get out of bed, cook, clean, dance, have fun, I can't even look after my self or even go for a walk to the local shop not knowing what kind of day it will be tomorrow  just hoping for the pain to be just  ease just a little less painful, pray my legs will work like they use to... Due to my deterioration in my mobility Feb 2018 fibromyalgia, restless leg syndrome was also diagnosed on top of endometriosis.  My battles just seem to get worse. over this period I have  suffered a mental break down and went to stay in crisis House due to attempted suicides. I'm so ashamed of me the me I've become I  hate my self how can this happen I was always so strong from a home manager(mental heath manager) and  caring for others always being on the go, never have the time board to not being able to look after my self never mind live. I'm just a shell body and mind I would give anythi g for my old life bk.. Then to sit and explain my self and my condition  to capital medcail assessor, provide evidence  of my condition and how it affects me. Evidence sent doctors letters×3, esa medical report states mobility issue ESA scored me 15 points  just for mobility issues, discharge papers from the crisis team, a letter from my support worker for him to then give me 2 point wow I just feel like I have to prove I'm suffering pour my heart out and tell him the person I was to the person I am now I was so up set. I always informed him I'd been seen by ot in my property and was waiting on adaptations bath lift., bed rail, rail on front door due to step, trolly to safe food tranfee, toilet frame ×2  and was not to use my stairs due to high risk untill  adaptations was made, also informed him that it has referred me to physiotherapist due to mobility risks out come I now also have a granny frame he jyst look stright through me hello this is my life here I'd much rather have my old  life back my home and my managers wage well I got 2 point and appealed the reciced it on the 4 of April its been 12 weeks. I rand Tuesday case manager said she will look at my case and my occupational therapist report new evidence as she called it and there will be a decision by end of last week. Today there now telling me they have sent my occupational therapists report to the medical agency for their opinion on it!!!! Like omg they was already aware Ive been seen by ot and gavee 2 point. I thought dwp look at appeals. It's now been 12 week since the got my  mandatory reconsideration.. Please can anyone help I've got a mental heath nurse and social worker but say all we can do is give you more evidence but then that will take longer... Sorry for the essay

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Kellywoolman   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry to hear what you have been through.  Thank you for sharing.

Please do apologise for long post. We are here to support you.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join.

I would advise get the evidence that you need from your Mental health nurse and social worker.  

I know it may take longer.  

The more evidence of how the disability effects you to do your daily tasks.  I would just get much evidence as you need.

Please can I suggest that you do that.    The more evidence might help your claim.  Have you also looking at making a diary. Of how everything day to day effects you.

Also consider speaking to your MP . They need to know what is happening to our community. Many are supportive.

Hope that helps.

Please if we can help with anything further .Please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kellywoolman

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today ???

Like my good friend @thespiceman I am also one of the “Community Champion’s” here at Scope.

Please don’t worry about the amount of info that you have provided.

That is what we are “all here for”

We do offer “help/advice/support”

Yes I am currently awaiting my “man recon”

For my “PIP Benefit “

Please please let me know if you need a hand getting around.

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kellywoolman welcome to the community! I'm terribly sorry to hear what you've been going through! Aside from your mental health nurse, are you receiving any further emotional support? It is overwhelming and an emotional process with regards to coming to terms with changes to your health. It does take a long time to learn to accept and adapt. I think it's also important to know that its OK to have good days and bad days. Sometimes we are knocked down to then be able to stand up a little stronger.

It's taken me months to accept and embrace my disabilities and impairments. I've learnt to focus on what I can do rather than what I can't do. But time is key.

In answer to your benefits, I know it is easier said than done but please try not to worry as we have a community full of knowledgeable members who can advise you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Kellywoolman and welcome to the community. 

Unfortunately there isn't a time limit for MRs, so it could still be a little while yet. Please keep us updated and let us know how you get on when you do hear. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.