Hi, wondering if anyone could help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, wondering if anyone could help

skyethomson96
skyethomson96 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
i had my pip appeal on the 29th may and was told 28 days until payment and letters where through, I called on Monday and the appeals team told me it would be in by Wednesday or Friday at the latest I spoke to someone today and he told me September I’m so worried now and don’t know what to believe I was relying on that for my rent and bills and my child’s birthday this month can anyone tell me how long they waited for their payment please? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Have they requested the Statement of reasons? if they have then this will delay payments. If they haven't then it can take 8 weeks for backdated payments to be received.

I'd ring back tomorrow to speak to someone else, seems like someone isn't being honest with you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • skyethomson96
    No I didn’t ask for anything I got put on higher rate mobility so I can get a mobility car now but just with getting told it would be Friday at the latest to now getting told September I feel sick with worry 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision but to do this they must first request the statement of reasons within 1 month of the date of the decision. Once they receive this they must then find an error in law before they can appeal the decision.

If they do request it then they will contact you by sending a letter. I'd advise you to ring DWP tomorrow and ask if they have requested this, if they have then they will tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • skyethomson96
    They told me on Monday that they haven’t took it further and they have excepted the decision and payment would be Friday at the latest but I’ll call back tomorrow and ask again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.