How long now for Decision? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long now for Decision?

Options
2»

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @NB1492 - I think it's best trying to relax, although I acknowledge that it's difficult to do. I'm not good at waiting either! Be careful - because all of the guesswork and trying to read something into what various markers mean to the DWP probably won't do you any good...

I don't think that anyone really knows how long - including the DWP.

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Options
    Hiya NB1492,
    Hope you are well. What cristobal as written is absolutely correct please try and relax. Good luck???
  • NB1492
    NB1492 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    Hello to all ^^ 

I called the DWP yesterday around half 5 to be told a decision has been made literally hours before! 

Standard DL 
    Enhanced MOB

Exactly as the report suggested so thanks @poppy123456 for the aound advice! I do have one question however, as the difference between my previous weekly total and the new one is £38 exactly. If this is paid back to 2nd April as told, when will this payment hit my acc roughly?

I understand that as soon as the Decision Maker has finished and finalised the decision, their system calculates the arrears and the money released. Is this correct? 

Many thanks!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news. As it's a change of circumstances, providing you had the worsening condition for at least 3 months before you reported the changes then it's backdated to the date you rang. The decision letter should arrive sometime next week and it will tell you everything in there, if there's any money owed you will receive that before the letter, most likely.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • NB1492
    Options
    That's great news. As it's a change of circumstances, providing you had the worsening condition for at least 3 months before you reported the changes then it's backdated to the date you rang. The decision letter should arrive sometime next week and it will tell you everything in there, if there's any money owed you will receive that before the letter, most likely.
    Thank you Poppy. I was diagnosed with Epilepsy in late 2018 so would have thought that should be enough for the QP? I called on 2nd April so should be owed around £630. 

So I should expect the payment maybe early next week?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If there's money owed then this usually takes 3-4 working days to go into your bank. Then you'll receive your new rates starting 4 weeks after that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • NB1492
    Options
    If there's money owed then this usually takes 3-4 working days to go into your bank. Then you'll receive your new rates starting 4 weeks after that.
    So if my regular payment is due on the 13th, does that mean ill also be getting my daily living rate paid earlier alongside the arrears (This week coming) then?

I was on the understanding that i would just get my arrears from the difference in mobility rates from the 2nd april only, and that my new rates would start the date the decision is made or from the 2nd april 2019? 

I thought the 4 week roll on period was for DLA claimants as opposed to current PIP Claimaints (Ive never claimed DLA)

Many thanks again for your responses Poppy :smile:
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you're owed money then the backdated payment will paid first. Then you'll receive your next payment 4 weeks later, then every 4 weeks after that. It will all become clearer once you receive the decision letter because it will tell you your payments in there.
  • NB1492
    Options
    If you're owed money then the backdated payment will paid first. Then you'll receive your next payment 4 weeks later, then every 4 weeks after that. It will all become clearer once you receive the decision letter because it will tell you your payments in there.
    Thanks poppy. Rang this morning to be told review is in 7 months I said this is wrong and then the DM that made the decision rang me. She stated it was an error and thus would change it. :smile:

My final question to Poppy/anyone else is; she said the back payment would hit my acc on Thursday. Is this BACS, and if so, does it ALWAYS take 5 working days? 

As I was told it would be Thursday with funds released Friday! Seems a bit long?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thursday sounds about right to me, if payment was made Friday. BACS payments can take 3-5 working days. When ever i've been expecting payment from DWP in the past they have been spot on with tell me which date to expect it into my bank.
  • NB1492
    Options
    Thursday sounds about right to me, if payment was made Friday. BACS payments can take 3-5 working days. When ever i've been expecting payment from DWP in the past they have been spot on with tell me which date to expect it into my bank.
    Thanks again Poppy, you're advice and help is invaluable! 

If my bank always manages to clear other bacs into my acc within 3 days, would this not apply to DWP? 

Wouldn't it be lovely if they just used the faster payment service for arrears Haha:(
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem. All you can do is wait i'm afraid, it will be there when it's there. Hopefully by Thursday as advised by DWP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.