Mandatory reconsideration or keep what i have — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration or keep what i have

Aaron34uk
Aaron34uk Community member Posts: 23 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my face to face 2 months ago when I got the decision 3 days ago they gave me 11 points for daily living and 10 points for Mobility but I see many many lies in the report I specifally told the medical person at face to face that I could not walk 20 to 30 meteres without having to stop for rest and in pain they gave me 0 for moving around but I got 10 points on familiar journey :/  anyhow I just don't know whether to do MR OR KEEP WHAT I HAVE I don't want to lose anything but I feel I could scrape enhanced also because the yhave lied on my report

Comments

• Aaron34uk
    Type yoI had my face to face 2 months ago when I got the decision 3 days ago they gave me 11 points for daily living and 10 points for Mobility but I see many many lies in the report I specifally told the medical person at face to face that I could not walk 20 to 30 meteres without having to stop for rest and in pain they gave me 0 for moving around but I got 10 points on familiar journey :/  anyhow I just don't know whether to do MR OR KEEP WHAT I HAVE I don't want to lose anything but I feel I could scrape enhanced also because the yhave lied on my reportur message
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

That's a very difficult question to answer on an internet forum because no one knows exactly how your conditions affect you. The only person that knows this is yourself.

When requesting the MR they look at the whole decision again, not just part of it. Whether there's any risk to your current award is impossible to know on an internet forum.  For this then you really should get some face to face advice. This link will help you know what's available in your local area. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Aaron34uk
    IS IT POSSIBLE to lose what I already have though
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Yeah I believe they can take it away altogether, this is something I may need to decide when I get my decision through. (Someone correct me if I am wrong about that please).

I would get some advice about it though, I have Welfare Rights ready to help if I need, they are going to help me with a complaint as well.
  • Aaron34uk
    I spoke to citizens advice online but say I have to come in office but its hard to get there its hard getting to these places I might just leave it not worth the risk but then again 1 point away and lied aobut my walking so I don't know 
  • Aaron34uk
    im already on support group esa so I may just leave as is besides they'll want to see me again anyway next year
  • [Deleted User]
    Yeah it's very stressful isn't it :/
  • Aaron34uk
    it is unless your on double enhanced lol
  • [Deleted User]
    Nope, it's still stressful, I had enhanced/enhanced and the assessor that did my review was terrible, his report is full of discrepancies and contradictions, because of him my PIP award has probably been dropped to standard.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Aaron34uk

Good Afternoon & Welcome.

Yes I faced the same dilemma last week with my "PIP"

Like many members my "report" was full of "lies & fabrications"

I did feel shall I stick with what I was given in the first place!!!!!

As the report was that bad as it had know reflection on me at all. 

So I have gone down the Manditory Reconsideration route.

Please please let me know if you need any help with your's?????

@steve51
  • [Deleted User]
    That's actually a very good point and I'm glad you posted that @steve51 the assessor I had it pretty much trying to say I don't have mental health problems but there is evidence and the previous assessors report stating otherwise, he twisted it and tried to make it about my physical health problems and by looking at the report and adding the points together he's dropped my points by 10 in each, I had 18, I only have 8 in each now... So now I've read your post I think I will be going for a MR if the DM goes along with the report.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @WF2k - I'm interested how the assessor made the report about you physical problems.

I'm assuming you that you gave examples of cognitive/ mental health type issues in your application...were these overlooked?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019
    @cristobal I think I've told you in other posts that I never filled my review form in, Welfare Rights did and I think I've explained that I'm not happy with them to you and others as well. I can't fill in forms due to poor concentration and attention span so I tend to try and get help with them.

Edit - Here's the thread we were chatting on :) 

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/59580/pip-report#latest
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @WF2K -  ...sorry I remember now (despite what my assessment says my memory isn't good!)

I hope things turn out OK in the end ..
  • Pipquestions2
    Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    cristobal said:
    @WF2k - I'm interested how the assessor made the report about you physical problems.

I'm assuming you that you gave examples of cognitive/ mental health type issues in your application...were these overlooked?
    I think it's very common. My physical problems were listed on one page - the list your health conditions and disabilities page. On the descriptors pages of the form this focused on my mental health 

My report and the assessment? Physical problems this, physical problems that. Despite my main problems being mental and that's where I struggle and meet the descriptors they focused on physical problems too much.

Too much to the point I'm considering not even mentioning them in future so that they're forced to focus on my mental problems. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019
    That's ok @cristobal no need to apologise and yes I know how that is having a bad memory! Thank you.

@Pipquestions2 That didn't happen in my first assessment though, my MH was acknowledged and understood, it's this more recent assessment where the assessor has failed to understand the impact it has on me. 
  • Aaron34uk
    sometimes its better not to do mr
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Aaron34uk said:
    You should only request an MR if you meet the criteria for a higherr award and can provide relevant evidence to support your claim. You may already have done so but it hasn't been taken into account. In which case you need to ask for MR to be able to appeal to tribunal.
    Not everyone with an illness, disability or condition will meet the criteria for even a standard award, keep in mind that PIP is given to help with the additional costs of having a limiting condition and not as an extra ammount into the household finances.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Aaron34uk
    I WILL LET everyone know what happens as im handing in my MR today
  • Aaron34uk
    Aaron34uk said:
    You should only request an MR if you meet the criteria for a higherr award and can provide relevant evidence to support your claim. You may already have done so but it hasn't been taken into account. In which case you need to ask for MR to be able to appeal to tribunal.
    Not everyone with an illness, disability or condition will meet the criteria for even a standard award, keep in mind that PIP is given to help with the additional costs of having a limiting condition and not as an extra ammount into the household finances.

I think heamochromotosis and autism alone qualifies  I also have severe social and generalized anxieties

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.