Pip appeal waiting — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal waiting

Options
woody1954
woody1954 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I was on the high rate of D.L.A and low rate Care from 1994 then last year 2018 I was thrown off as I didn't have enough points to qualify for P.I.P. this stopped in mid April 2018 since then I have appealed and done everythingi was supposed to do I have all the paper work back from all concerned but 14 months later  I still don't have an appeal date.  I rang in January and was told 10 more weeks 10  weeks came and went at which time I rang again this time I was told it would take at least another 22 weeks .Taking it till at least September 2019 this will be a full 18 months after my D.L.A. stopped is this a reasonable time to be waiting by the way I live in the northwest UK in Cambria do other parts of the UK have as long a waiting time? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,980 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

There's huge backlogs in most areas and some are waiting in excess of 1 year. Waiting times for Tribunals are from when they accepted your appeal, not from when your PIP stopped.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woody1954
    woody1954 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for your coming 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @woody1954 and please do let me know if there is anything else we can do to help :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.