Pip - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Comments

• alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Thanks all for the kind advice and sharing your experiences. U will keep you all updated. I sent my form and eveidence in February so hopefully will hear soon.
  • alisha22
    Thanks poppy aswell for your help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @alisha22,
    I'm sorry to hear you're not getting more support. As Elsey66 said, unless you've experienced anxiety, you can only really sympathise and it's one of those terms that gets conflated with being 'nervous', which unfortunately leads to more people not understanding just how debilitating it can be.
    Please let us know how you get on and I hope you get the outcome you're after. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • alisha22
    Thankyou Adrian, yes I will let you know how I get on. Although the forms etc were sent in February they however decided the paper Based assessment on the 17th April so I have a feeling I may have to wait a little longer.
  • alisha22
    Hello everyone, I just wanted some advice on pip as my cpn is no longer with me, I had her for 8 months now but still under the mental health team. The healthcare professionals are doing a paper Based assessment on myself as ive mentioned before in my previous posts and have been in touch with my cpn (because I had my cpn listed) im abit concerned that because I don't have a cpn now will that affect the report. I rang capita just now and did say they have spoken with the cpn. This should not affect my report as my mental health is ongoing still taking medication and still see the mental health team every 3 months. Please advise.
  • alisha22
    Sorry what I wanted to ask also was that I didn't want the hcp or dwp thinking as she no longer has a cpn she obviously is ok with her mental health and this goes against me.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    They already spoke to the CPN. All you can do is request a copy of the report once it's returned to DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisha22
    I have requested a copy but surely if the cpn says she has discharged myself not from the cmht team just cpn visits will dwp take that against me or does it not matter.
  • alisha22
    Sorry for all the questions only I have been very low with the whole process and am very drained out.
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry, i have no idea if that will go against you. You'll just have to wait for the report to see what it recommends, the HCP writes the report and DWP decision makers makes a decision based on the recommendations in the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • alisha22
    Thankyou for your advice and yes I will ring the cpn and see what was said and asked. I'm hoping they go by the careplan the cpn did for me.  
  • Pipquestions2
    Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    alisha22 said:
    I have requested a copy but surely if the cpn says she has discharged myself not from the cmht team just cpn visits will dwp take that against me or does it not matter.
    It doesn't really matter wether your under mental health teams or not. If it effects you in ways that match the pip descriptor then you'll be entitled to it. Just because it's untreated doesn't mean it doesn't effect you. Pip isn't just about the help you do get, it's about the help you need but don't get aswell.

When I went for my assessment I was on zero mental health services or medication. I mr'd it and the DWP said in their response they don't believe what I wrote because it's inconsistent with people with anxiety levels to not be under mental health professionals or medication.

When I went for tribunal I did have a support worker with me and was on medication ( which once again doesn't help anyways ), they weren't interested in this really at all. The only thing they asked was what my support worker does for me, but I think that was just them wording "what can't you do yourself?" In a different way that would be easier for me to answer (I have communication problems, especially when it comes to talking about my problems) 

Wether you have a cpn or not has no bearings on how your disability effects you so should make no difference in the decision. It just depends on what he said to them but considering your still under mental health teams I don't think it's gonna go bad for you
  • alisha22
    Thanks for the reassurance and  I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I rang my old cpn and was told they cant talk with old clients once they are discharged. But now reading all comments on this forum I'm not really bothered as I have different professionals allocated to myself for different health reasons. I just got concerned because I assumed dwp or the hcp might think oh she is better because I was discharged.
  • alisha22
    Hello everyone, just a update on my pip paperbased assessment. Well today I received the written report and it basically said I needed prompted rather than using aids on everything really. Prompted on making budgeting decisions to taking medication and dressing and washing etc. But cannot make journeys as this would cause stress etc, so yeah everything they wrote was that I needed promting even with the cooking rather than anything else. Not sure what to make of it really until I get the actual decision from the dwp itself.

• alisha22
    Sorry forgot to mention about engaging with people, they said I needed social support to enable me to engage with people.
  • poppy123456
    Have you added up the recommended points?
  • alisha22
    Oh gosh no as had a bad day today but I will but it doesn't mean the dwp may go by the report or do they usually.
  • poppy123456
    It's very unusual for them to go against the report. They mostly go with it.
  • alisha22
    Just checked my points for pip from the report, I get 16 points for daily living and 14 points for mobility. I don't agree with some of the descriptors and points given but will firstly wait for the final decision and take it from there.
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2019
    That says Enhanced for both and you can't get a higher award than that. If you don't agree then maybe you think they've scored you too high?

They mostly go with the report as i advised. If it's because you don't think you've scored enough then surely you're not going to request the MR? :o

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.