Pip Assessor LIES!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Assessor LIES!!

Options
LupusSLEsuffer
LupusSLEsuffer Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Hello,

I’m really annoyed, I had my pip assessment on the 3rd June, I’ve just today received my copy of it (18th) and the whole this is lies!!

He states that I don’t have depression when I’m on 75mgs of Amitriptyline, he said that I’m on sleeping tablets when I’m not, he stated I was completely fine when I was in tears the whole way through because I just hate and don’t want to be here! 

I’m in pain every minute of everyday due to my illnesses Lupus SLE, Antiphosphilipid syndrome, hyper mobility disorder, osteoporosis and depression! 

He stated that I told him I recently learnt to drive when I did nothing of the sort.. I passed my test 12 years ago! I can’t even drive anymore with my Osteoarthritis in my knees. He said I drove automatics when I never have in my life, they were all manuals. I have terrible hairloss and memory loss due to my Lupus SLE and not to mention the extreme fatigue! But he stated that my hair was fine and didn’t look tired. The whole assessment was complete lies! I’m so annoyed! 

I have slipped discs In my back due to my hyper-mobility which means I’m too bendy so they slip out of place so I told him I couldn’t do any of the arms back and leg exercises yet he said I did them all fine! But how when we didn’t do them at all?!  The mobility he lied through, I said I can’t make journeys on my own with my depression and the reduced mobility with all my illnesses, yet he said no problems at all.. 

I’m so annoyed, I feel like just giving up, there’s no point when you feel like you have to get up everyday to have the biggest fight just to get through another day to be kicked back down again by a total liar who knows nothing about my daily struggles! Don’t trust them no matter how nice they seem! That’s the second time I read a load of lies about myself by someone who just feels like destroying the last bit of me that’s struggling to hold on! 

Comments

• Paddie
    Paddie Community member Posts: 75 Courageous
    Options
    I too have Lupus (SLE) & everything that comes with it.
    It's an "invisible" illness!!!!
    I can relate to EVERYTHING you have mentioned.
    Each day is, indeed a daily battle..
    People will say I look well & it's very infuriating as I'm in contant pain & barely can get out of bed.
    people, even so called Professionals, do not "Get" SLE at all.
    please ask your Rheumatologist for support with your claim re a letter.
    I wish I could be of more help but know your not suffering alone.......
    Bw
    Paddie
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LupusSLEsuffer, how are you doing?
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @LupusSLEsuffer, how are you doing?
    Scope

• LupusSLEsuffer
    LupusSLEsuffer Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi Chloe, I’m doing ok plodding along, thank you for asking.

@Paddie hello paddie, thank you for your reply and it’s nice to know there’s someone out there that understands me and knows what we have to go through with living with SLE.. it’s a constant struggle.. today I’ve struggled so much to stay awake, my eyes just shut down on me, I didn’t get much sleep with the pain in my joints, my knees especially in agonising pain.  I hope your feeling as well as can be too.

• Chloe_Scope
    Options
    No problem @LupusSLEsuffer! Please let me know if there is anything we can help with :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.