Mandatory Consideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Consideration

sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
First of all, sorry for being a pain and asking so many questions.
A benefits officer from my housing association came to see me today to help me to complete a mr form. We completed discriptors where we both thought I should have scored higher. We used the award letter as a guide. However, I’ve since had a thought. There is so much that I don’t agree with on the assessor’s report, would it be wise, not to criticise her/it, but to explain my situation ie she said I walked to my local shops daily whereas I explained that very occasionally I can walk the short distance to my local shop. She said I can get in the shower unaided, I haven’t got a shower only a shower seat over the bath which I am helped to get on and off. It doesn’t say anything about the pain and weakness in my wrists and hands which causes me to drop things ie saucepans so I need help in the kitchen. The report says I have no reported injuries but I have burn scars and and scars from where I’ve cut myself with a knife which I showed her.  Should I explain in more detail or is best to only challenge the award letter?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It won't help to mention any of the lies or contradictions in the report because they simply won't be interested.

What they will be interested in is where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. The most important part is adding a few real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    thank you. I have given some examples. It would just be nice to have my say as most people probably do xx
  • poppy123456
    Having your say would be the examples. I think i remember you were given this advice in your other thread. Pointing on the lies and contradictions really isn't advisable.

Complaints about the assessment report lies and contradictions should be sent to the health assessment providers. This will give your chance to have your say.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    How do we find health assment providers 
  • poppy123456
    It depends who you had your PIP assessment with. Both are in the links.
    Independent assessment services here. https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/

• sheZZa
    @poppy123456
    i wouldn’t point out the lies or contradictions as advised but would just like the opportunity to put my story across as it is very complex and the symptoms of my illnesses quite often cross over. I will consider whether or not to complain to the relevant people. I can’t decide whether or not it’s worth the hassle x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.