PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Mandatory Consideration

sheZZasheZZa Member Posts: 232 Pioneering
First of all, sorry for being a pain and asking so many questions.
A benefits officer from my housing association came to see me today to help me to complete a mr form. We completed discriptors where we both thought I should have scored higher. We used the award letter as a guide. However, I’ve since had a thought. There is so much that I don’t agree with on the assessor’s report, would it be wise, not to criticise her/it, but to explain my situation ie she said I walked to my local shops daily whereas I explained that very occasionally I can walk the short distance to my local shop. She said I can get in the shower unaided, I haven’t got a shower only a shower seat over the bath which I am helped to get on and off. It doesn’t say anything about the pain and weakness in my wrists and hands which causes me to drop things ie saucepans so I need help in the kitchen. The report says I have no reported injuries but I have burn scars and and scars from where I’ve cut myself with a knife which I showed her.  Should I explain in more detail or is best to only challenge the award letter?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It won't help to mention any of the lies or contradictions in the report because they simply won't be interested.

What they will be interested in is where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. The most important part is adding a few real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • sheZZasheZZa Member Posts: 232 Pioneering
    @poppy123456
    thank you. I have given some examples. It would just be nice to have my say as most people probably do xx
    Having your say would be the examples. I think i remember you were given this advice in your other thread. Pointing on the lies and contradictions really isn't advisable.

Complaints about the assessment report lies and contradictions should be sent to the health assessment providers. This will give your chance to have your say.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • MisscleoMisscleo Member Posts: 646 Pioneering
    How do we find health assment providers 
    It depends who you had your PIP assessment with. Both are in the links.
    Independent assessment services here. https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/

• sheZZasheZZa Member Posts: 232 Pioneering
    @poppy123456
    i wouldn’t point out the lies or contradictions as advised but would just like the opportunity to put my story across as it is very complex and the symptoms of my illnesses quite often cross over. I will consider whether or not to complain to the relevant people. I can’t decide whether or not it’s worth the hassle x
Sign in or join us to comment.