ESA Assessor's Report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Assessor's Report

Jurph
Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
Hello! I had a F2F 3 weeks ago. I've been on ESA for a year and this is my first review.

I called the DWP today to get the assessor's report and was told I can't have a copy until the decision has been made.

Is that true? It seems crazy that I can't see what has been written about me until they tell me if I'm fit for work or not.

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    That's true ESA has to have the decision made first before they will send it out. A pain I know.

PIP you can ask for it a couple of days after the assessment, unless your in NI.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Jurph
    That's true ESA has to have the decision made first before they will send it out. A pain I know.

PIP you can ask for it a couple of days after the assessment, unless your in NI.
    Thank you! I guess now, I wait.
    You welcome @Jurph it's horrible having to wait.

I hope it goes well for you... Must ask you had a review for ESA a year later, what group was you in. WCA or LCWRA.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Jurph
    @Government_needs_reform it was the support group - the one where I don't attend meetings.

I'm currently appealing a PIP decision so my anxiety is through the roof.
    edited July 2019
    Yes @Jurph I get how the Support Group Works, But Thanks.
    Your  appealing PIP hope it goes okay.

Reason for asking you, is it seems a little quick to have had another review, I do know they can review anytime after 3 months...

I'm in SG too and always had 3 years or more, the longest fast over 5 years.

I'm reckoning it maybe something their doing so when UC hits they can clobber people.

Im on ESA, PIP with SDP and my last ESA was done September 18, So this will be interesting when I get a review even though they stated on my ESA85A in the longer term which normally equates to 3 years.

⬇️

• Jurph
    @Government_needs_reform I found it a little odd as when I first asked them how long the award was for - they said it was ongoing. 
    Technically @Jurph ESA is indefinite. But they mostly give people in the SG a minimum of after 2 years up-to 3 years but mine have always gone over the 3 years.

I do find it rather strange now that SG claimants can get a year before a review?

The WRAG group is normally a maximum of 2 years.

When my PIP was done from DLA that states ongoing, in affect 10 years. But again I have also heard some people are being reviewed earlier in the 10 years.

They are playing some very strange games that's for sure.
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It did indeed used to be the case where you had to wait for the decision to be made before sending it out. Totally different now and they will send it before a decision is made, lots of people receive it.

My last ESA reassessment was in October 2018 and i received my report before the decision was made. Yes, they do seem to make their own rules up sometimes and some will agree to send it, some won't. Try ringing again to speak to someone different and they'll most likely agree to send it to you.

The re-assessment rules are the same and they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months, this means lots of people are re-assessed as soon as 6 months to 1 year. Personally, it's usually between 2-3 years for me.

Hopefully you're not waiting too long for the decision, good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jurph
    Thanks @poppy123456

I got last year's report just fine. I'm always amazed by the way they continually move the goal posts.

I hope it's not too long either. I've had enough of the DWP!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    They do move them sometimes yes but the rules for receiving the assessment report before a decision's been made haven't changed for quite some time.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jurph
    Good news - my decision letter came today and I've stayed in the Support Group.

I will ask for the report again next week.

Now I can focus my energy on my PIP tribunal
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great news @Jurph! Must be a huge relief. 
    Best of luck with your PIP tribunal, do you have a date for this yet?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Jurph
    @Adrian_Scope

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been a but stressed.

It's the 14th August.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's completely understandable @Jurph! Do you have anyone supporting you with the appeal?
    Fingers crossed it's as successful as your ESA.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Jurph
    @Adrian_Scope I had someone read through my reasons for appeal. 

Me too. I've waiting 18 months for this. The stress is making me ill. I can't wait for it to be over with.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.