Need some advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need some advice

Ben2303
Ben2303 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
Hi everyone, 

really need some assistance as really not to sure what to do! 

a little while ago now i had my p.i.p review which took a couple of weeks, to hear back, to then tell me i am no longer eligible for p.i.p. 

i have go down the road of completing a mandatory reconsideration, but that took about 12 weeks to get a answer, and they still are not deciding to honour me the benefit. 

i have spoken with scope on the phone today which they was incredibly helpful when i spoke to them, and they have gave me details for a chairty which offer advocacy as i have no family or anyone close that can support me through this. 

i hope to get some good help and advice on here to hopefully get myself over this barrier. 

many thanks in advance 

Ben :)

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ben2303 welcome to the community! Glad to hear you had a positive experience with our helpline! Many members of our community have endured the PIP process, including myself, so please don't hesitate to ask anything! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    A warm welcome to the community @Ben2303

Really sorry that your PIP mandatory reconsideration didn't find in your favour and you're having to go to appeal but I'm glad to read that you found the Scope helpline useful and they've directed you to a charity that can help.

Have you submitted your tribunal request yet?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ben2303 and welcome to the Community.  Glad to hear that you found the Scope helpline useful with regards to PIP.  Please let us know if we can be of any further help to you.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ben2303
    edited July 2019
    Hi Ami2301, thanks for your lovely reply to my post. not sure if there is a reply option on your post. 

the Appeal letter i have not completed yet, as not too sure what too put. is a quite long and takes much time filling in the appeal?

if there is a option on your post to directly reply, please can you let me know. 

cheers Ben :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

To request the Tribunal you need to fill out the SSCS1 form and send your MR decision letter with it. You need to give your reasons why you're appealing, you don't have to go into a huge amount of detail for now as that can be done at a later date. No one on an internet forum can tell you what you should write because no one knows how your conditions affect you.

Did you contact the advice agency that scope advised you about? They will be able to help you with the request.

You have 1 month from the date of the MR decision to request the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ben2303
    thanks too the rest that has posted, as your probably aware i havent persued the appeal form as yet, but i know i need to get it done ....
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Ben2303 said:
    Hi Ami2301, thanks for your lovely reply to my post. not sure if there is a reply option on your post. 

the Appeal letter i have not completed yet, as not too sure what too put. is a quite long and takes much time filling in the appeal?

if there is a option on your post to directly reply, please can you let me know. 

cheers Ben :)
    You can click 'quote' at the bottom of the post so we know which post you are replying to.  

You can also tag someone by putting an @ symbol before their name, you do have to make sure to spell their name exacty right though! @Ben2303

Good luck with your appeal!
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    @OverlyAnxious or just put in the first 2 letters of their name and it will show some results :) 
  • Ben2303
    right ok, thanks for clarifying this with me. :)
  • Ben2303
    i have completed the Appeal form, but not sure the end result is going to be what i want. 
    Citizen Advice have said its going to be hard for me to win the tribunal as havent had no points.... 

what is your thoughts???

another problem i have which i think isn't going to help my case, i have no one to come with me to the tribunal to help my case. 

is there any services which anyone is aware of which provide advocacy.

i have already spoke to mind, but unfortunatley they dont provide help in my area.

thanks in advance
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots of people are successfully awarded PIP at Tribunal even when they've scored 0 points previously.

Even with someone representing you, you'll still have to answer all the questions yourself on the day of the hearing. Try this link to see if there's a welfare rights or law centre near you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ben2303
    hi Poppy, many thanks for this infomation. 

will do my researrch and look at that link you provided. 

thanks again

Ben :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Ben2303, to echo Poppy, we see lots of cases where members receive zero points at assessment and go on to be awarded at tribunal so don't be discouraged. You need to ensure your evidence supports the descriptors you feel you should be awarded in. 
    Best of luck. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.