Pip northern ireland - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip northern ireland

Comments

• Vicki988
    Vicki988 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    edited June 2019
    I've had my asessment and they recieved my report and told me it could be 6 weeks before I know, a while ago it was just 3 but I waited nearly 5 months for my assessment I only got it through the help of the benefits office
  • Bruno78
    Bruno78 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Had my assessment just over a week ago, got a text today to say they have received my report. Does it usually take long after receiving that text? The whole dla to pip process started in January for me! I am due my next DLA payment in 2 weeks, dont know if they will try to get their decision in before that to either boot me off dla or to award me pip before that so its a smooth transitition! Worrying times ?
  • bernie87
    bernie87 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    @Bruno78 I'm pretty sure if you are on dla you keep getting payments until a decision is made on pip 
  • bernie87
    @Vicki988 I received the same msg after my assessment and have bern waiting 9 weeks now. When I called they said that it's a guideline and there is no actual timeframe 
  • meaghan
    meaghan Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    I had my first assessment end jan they did another 1 end april and i still have no decision...good luck hope its quicker than mine 
  • Vicki988
    bernie87 said:
    @Vicki988 I received the same msg after my assessment and have bern waiting 9 weeks now. When I called they said that it's a guideline and there is no actual timeframe 
    Its awful, I put my claim in at the start of January =[
  • Bruno78
    Everybody in England applying for PIP seem to be able to request the assessors report once they get the text saying they have received the medical report. Apparently we are not allowed to do that in Northern Ireland until the award decision is made! At least you would get a fair idea of what you may or may not receive as you can add up the assessors points. I'm aware the DM can add or take away points but the usually go near enough with the assessors report.
  • bernie87
    @Bruno78 I know it seems that northern Ireland are always the ones that get penalised. As you say at least we would have a fair idea. As this is my first time claiming I have absolutely no idea whether I will be successful or not and it does get rather tiresome waiting around 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    bernie87 said:
    @Bruno78 I know it seems that northern Ireland are always the ones that get penalised. As you say at least we would have a fair idea. As this is my first time claiming I have absolutely no idea whether I will be successful or not and it does get rather tiresome waiting around 
    No not penalised, they are doing what the UK should be doing!
    In the UK some of the DWP will send it out some won't - it depends who you speak with.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Just incase others are reading this, if you live in the UK and the adviser refuses to send out the report to you, ring again to speak to someone different. The next person will most likely agree to send it out to you. It happened to me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bernie87
    Hi received my award letter today. Didnt even get 1 single point. Rang for assessors report and going to compare then go for MR. Hope everyone else gets a better result 
  • meaghan
    Omg i am so sorry bernie87  i cant believe it ...i still havent heard anything. Did your assessment go well ..it really is very hit and miss with this pip so unfair the way people get treated...keep me posted how everything goes for you 
  • bernie87
    Thank you @meaghan I had kinda set myself up for it already with the stories. More surprised they didnt even give me one point. I thought my assessment went well she let me take time explaining things even though sometimes the words dont come easily when my brain decides to not work lol. Hopefully you hear soon and it goes well for you. You have been through enough already! My assessors report is getting sent me so I'll see what has been wrote on that
  • meaghan
    Im just shocked you never got any points and so dissapointed for you ..im thinking ill be the same as you but time will tell i hope all works out for you and you get the justice you deserve eventually. Terrible we ave to fight for everything when its a time we should be getting the help were entitled too ..
  • Vicki988
    bernie87 said:
    Hi received my award letter today. Didnt even get 1 single point. Rang for assessors report and going to compare then go for MR. Hope everyone else gets a better result 
    This is what I'm dreading =[
  • bernie87
    @meaghan thank you. I really hope you dont get the same. @vicki988 please dont worry about it. I know that's easier said than done but hopefully I got the bad one and you all have an easier time x
  • meaghan
    Hi folks ..got my decision letter today at last enhanced for daily living and standard for mobility..so relieved after such a long wait thanks for all the advice ...
  • Bruno78
    meaghan said:
    Hi folks ..got my decision letter today at last enhanced for daily living and standard for mobility..so relieved after such a long wait thanks for all the advice ...
    How long did you wait from f2f? Into my 7th week next week
  • meaghan
    Had my f2f in feb and had to have another one end of april its been very long process for me 

• bernie87

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.