MPs involvement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MPs involvement

kdj
kdj Community member Posts: 6 Connected
hello everyone , as someone who is going through the trauma of dealing with the self regulating private  assessment companies ie : Atos,  I A S, has everyone emailed their findings to their MPs , of the deliberate misrepresentation of peoples illnesses , and medical issues that they use to justify very inaccurate reports ? having looked into this I have found that this is now common practice and will continue to do so unless they are brought to heel and held accountable for their actions ! please can everyone pester their MPs both by phone and email as I know mine is getting extremely annoyed at me bothering him ( after all they are supposed to be there for the benefit of us and not themselves ) I think if everyone who goes through this debacle of a system included and harried their MPs to do more we might actually be able to quantify the need for this to be looked into and changed . They say there is more sway with greater numbers , if one bee was to bother you , you would hardly notice however if a swarm comes towards you ,you sit up and pay attention!!!!  lets get this ball rolling and start pestering the MPs with all your assessment woes and lets see what happens   

Comments

• sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    @kdj
    A friend of mine has emailed our local mp regarding her experience claiming pip and I am just about too. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I contacted mine regarding several issues waste of time never chased anything up or did anything to support me 
  • kdj
    kdj Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    ask for a telephone appointment and demand they do something had to badger mine several times !  I now constantly bombard him with issues over pip he doesn't like it but has realised the only way he will get shot of me is if he does deal with things . most of the time he gets no where or doesn't resolve anything but I just tell him its not good enough and he should look at the number of people all who are having the same issues and he along with other ministers are responsible for getting thing put right . even if that doesn't happen which im sure it wont I am committed to being a thorn in his side just so he can see what its like when you are constantly being hounded , if everyone did this we could push things a bit more harder and maybe affect some kind of change ! don't give up pester them if nothing else they will be just as annoyed and frustrated as we are

• OutOfTheWorld99
    OutOfTheWorld99 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Yes ,its definitely worth writing a well laid out letter to your Mp's regarding the negative treatment being caused to people on UC,PIP,ESA and other benefits. 

The DWP have a total disregard for people being ill. even when shown clinical medical evidence. This has happened time and again, and is stil happening.

MPS are responsible as effectively they govern DWP;they know exactly what their doing and more importanly, allow this disgrace of a system to continue.

For example:Someone has a very bad stomach problem caused by colitis.Now,does anyone with half a brain cell think it should be deemed as a reasoable request, that individual should travel on a bus/drive 20 mile to a job centre, to have a chat effetively about nothing.All because some half wit beuracrat says YOU MUST.

Good luck with your fight out there. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I’ve once sent a email to my local MP about DWP. I explained about my son’s inaccurate report. I even emailed photos. I also threatened to sell my story to a newspaper as a human rights piece if no action was taken in response to my complaint. 
  • OutOfTheWorld99
    edited July 2019
    What was the outcome if anything? Did the MP actually do something, if not ask them for a written explanation as to why?
  • April2018mom
    What was the outcome?
    I involved my son’s amazing SW. We eventually contested the report on the grounds of inaccuracy. She read his assessment report too. 
  • OutOfTheWorld99
    Was this eventually a successful outcome for you April2018mom?

My point was, others are being treated like a piece of garbage whilst ill, and expected to jump through hoops due to this pathetic system.
  • April2018mom
    Was this eventually a successful outcome for you April2018mom?

My point was, others are being treated like a piece of garbage whilst ill, and expected to jump through hoops due to this pathetic system.
    Yes after several weeks of emails. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.