My mistake - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My mistake

2»

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to provide evidence that it  was a genuine mistake
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • debdeb13
    debdeb13 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Oh ok will phone them tomorrow and ask if I can make new claim  will old claim  still count as a refusal when I make new claim or does it become a fresh claim
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,363 Disability Gamechanger
    debdeb13 said:
    Oh ok will phone them tomorrow and ask if I can make new claim  will old claim  still count as a refusal when I make new claim or does it become a fresh claim
    I see you weren't awarded any points as i was just reading your other thread. Putting the wrong date wouldn't have stopped you scoring the points. If those descriptors had applied to you, then you would have scored points. What would have happened then was the award wouldn't have started until those 3 months had passed.

Did the decision letter actually state that you weren't awarded any points because you haven't had the condition for at least 3 months?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    Just my opinion. If you make a new claim rather than continuing with your current claim it could look as though you are manipulating the dates. You should get the evidence asap and send to DWP for reconsideration. You might be best advised to seek help from an agency near you, CAB, Welfare rights or similar.

• debdeb13
    It states primary condition not warranted 
  • poppy123456
    I agree with @CockneyRebel. I also see in your other thread you were asking about starting a new claim too. This error in the dates isn't going to help you if you start a new claim now. Put your postcode into this link to see what's available in your area.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • debdeb13
    Ok thank you all so much will phone and explain about dates and send in evidence  
  • CockneyRebel
    Common sense is lacking with the DWP. You need to give them the evidence that supports that your condition began last year and that you made a genuine mistake because you are a numpty ( no offence intended )
  • debdeb13
    So what does primary condition  not warranted mean by them
  • debdeb13
    I agree I am a bit numpty lol 
  • CockneyRebel
    Please do get advice from an agency and let us know what happens
  • debdeb13
    Will let you know how I get on
  • debdeb13
    Had my report this morning some things I disagree on so will explain them to Dwp  had a lovely conversation with lady on phone who explained every thing to me   going to carry on with Mr if no sucsess will go tribunal  they are willing to accept all evidence . Which I should of sent in first place  would like to say thanks for all help and you were right about not starting new claim. 
  • poppy123456
    For the MR request you should state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why, adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies or contradicts because DWP and the Tribunal won't appreciate you mentioning any of those. Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.